weed legal in california?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by roorl337, May 6, 2009.

1. #1 roorl337, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
    it seems like AHHHH-nold is opening up the floor for a serious decision on leagilizing weed. on the news reports they said taxing an ounce for 50$ does that really mean an ouce would sell for 50? anyway whats ur thoughts? will california be the first state to legalize? and if so how long will it take. i hope its soon. lol. the news says it will be regualted liek alcohol. 21 and older to buy but they it might be legal! all californians 21+ could grow, buy and use marijunana hopefully!

*sucks to be in the states trying to just decriminalize!*
    :p

Governor says he's open to debate on legal pot

2. No. That has been delayed for a year. An ounce would be ie $350 plus the $50 tax = $400 Oz.

3. It is interesting what Arnold has said, but the truth is that actions speak louder than words.

Well, perhaps it would be more accurate to say that actions must be in tune with words.

4. Lol except I highly doubt an ounce would cost that much. I think the price w/o tax would be much lower than the average is now. No risk factor and what not. Production of cannabis is relatively easy so there would be no justifiable reason to sell it at a high price.

5. Lol. Your jokes.

Why do they sell brand name items for higher prices? The prices might go down some but I doubt it will be near Canadian prices or even Norcal pricees.

6. People will just grow if the price is too high.

But first it would have to be legal for any revenue to be collected. I'm skeptical of that with the little banking cartel we've got running the Federal show.

7. I believe I misread your post, the 350 was simply an arbitrary number to explain the tax, correct?

8. #8 Rhythm of Life, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
    Mainly but it was based off the average Socal club price for an ounce of top shelf.

Maybe I'm drunk but I believe that under the new law people would be allowed to grow 10 plants under the law. But yeah, people will grow once its legal. You'll see hydro shops like grocery stores if this happens.

9. you trippinnnn the prices are supposed to "weed" out the dealers and make them non existent hence the LEGALIZATION part and not the promotion of more illegal doings of the dealers part...UH DURRRR

but then again im drunk happy post cinco de mayoooo

10. But that wouldn't happen. It should but with such a large market prices could be amazingly high due to citizens not wanting to grow.

Happy Drinko de Cinco!

11. jsut because people wont want to grow wont mean they wont go to their dealers still and get better prices. another big reason why they wouldnt make the prices so high is to get rid of the dealers and all the violence and stuff goin on in mexico and the border that goes along with it. also theyh wouldnt start off the prices so high because they need to teswt the waters before they can jack up the prices. im not saying they wont do it int he future but for now they wont because they want to see their plan succeed not fail to dealers

12. I know weed is legal in SoCal, but it is still illegal federally, so you still have to factor in the risk and that would explain the prices. Full legalization would reduce the price no matter how big the market.