1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Weed Law Lupole?

Discussion in 'Legalization and Activism' started by Druggerdude, Jun 20, 2004.

1. ok im sure youve all heard about separation of church and state and freedom of religion. But what i was wondering is if you claim to be rastafarian would weed be legal for you.

2. i've heard of "loopholes" in the UK where a rastafarian has gone to court for growing weed, but has been let off because of their faith.

i dont know the details of this though, so anyone with some info... please post :)

3. ok, another question does a rastafarian have to be black? also does a rastafarian have to go get the card to protect them from prosicution?

4. as far as i know, you don't have to be black to be a rastafarian. it is, afterall, a different version of christianity. basically a different interpretation of the bible.

i'm not sure what you mean about a card though..

if you're gonna use rastafarianism as some way to get out of trouble.. then i suggest you do a lot of research on the religion so you can convince whoever that you are in fact, a rastafarian.

lol

5. I don't think you have to be black but considering Rastafarians generally don't like white people and believe Jesus was black it would be hard to convince someone you were Rastafarian if you were white. After all part of their religion is trying to convince all the blacks to leave the white man and go back to their native Africa. As someone said before, it is just a version of Christianity. In Jamacia they are allowed to smoke but I don't know if it applies in other countries, even if it is freedom of religion.

6. Well, I don't know if it would work or not. If you belong to the Native American Church, then you're allowed to take peyote (a kind of cactus that make you hallucinate when you eat the flower), which is illegal otherwise. So maybe if weed is part of your religion, and you can show that you're being legitimate, maybe you could take it to court and be able to toke. I don't know what the current laws are, though.

Grasscity Deals Near You