Weed Isnt Alcohol, So Why Do We Smoke For Fun?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Hurtin247, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shamans used weed before we did. Weed is probably illegal due to its mental and spiritual benefits. 

Alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, and pharmaceutical drugs have no benefits whatsoever besides a good time, bad liver, neuro problems, and cancer.
    Weed gives you a "good time" but in reality, it's just a deep meditative state that can be achieved through meditation, but smokin some kush is just a shortcut. 

I don't know if it's only me, but after a year of abusing weed, I lost track of time, I only feel like myself while high (because i'm chronic and mentally addicted), and I no longer feel like I'm having fun while high anymore... It's usually just like :
    *tokes up*
    *feels good*
    *high wears off*
    *tokes up to feel good again*

And it just completely lost its magic. I know that I shouldn't abuse weed, and I know it's much better in moderation and I need to start a tolerance break. 

But I think celebrities are promoting weed so much now a days because people think it's just a lazy drug that you sit on the couch and eat chips on.

No offense, but I think you're stupid if you do nothing but watch T.V, play games, etc. while on weed. I think it's a drug specifically meant for meditation just like the Shamans used it to open up things in your mind. I'm a hypocrite though, all I do on weed is sit on the computer and Facebook or work on my website.

So basically, my thought is: weed shouldn't be used for fun, it should be used as a meditation medicine, and should be used in moderation. And I think it's 1043413 times better when ingested rather than smoked. Who else agrees? 

2. I disagree.

Attached Files:

3. It sounds like you are projecting your own personal pathologies onto the rest of the blades here.  Some of us can enjoy the plant without letting it dominate our lives.

4. Only read the first bit.
    Smoking and meditating are not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. It's totally relative.

If you don't use it for fun youre missing the point. Just because it can be used for spirituality doesnt suggest to me that you can only use it as such.

Or only use it for medicinal purposes.

Or only use it for fun.

Why do we have identify and then niche the benefits that we derive from cannabis?

I prefer it in moderation. I like to be mind blown every time I get high so each time is a novel experience. That doesn't really mean I use it better than anyone else. Considering that you cant overdose on it.... Theres no reason to concern yourself with how much whomever chooses to dose. Unless you want to add your own brand of morality to the mix, and why would you do that? Starting your own religion or something?

6. #6 Blue Dreamer, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    I hope that doesn't happen to me. :eek:

7. Disagree.

Your personal experience does not dictate reality for other people.

8. Um, you guys.  He has two posts in, so I think maybe you should listen to what he has to say :)

9. Blah, blah, blah

Now excuse me while I hit the vape, wolf down a cookie, turn on one TV,  play vids on the other while meditating before the magic wears off.

10. Makes sense but weed can be used for many things my friend. I believe it was mainly put on this earth for medical benefits

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. "so why do we smoke weed for fun? ", that's a rhetorical question, right ?

So you abused weed then decided nobody should be using it except for spiritual means.

Meanwhile I use weed in a responsible and structural manner and should be labeled as wasteful by you.

You're seeing things from your own perspective. You don't know what I experience when I'm high.

I use weed to spice up the things I do for fun. Like play games, watch TV and eat food. So weed serves its purpose in my life.

13. Don't tell me how to smoke my bud dammit, you're acting like the government.  :hide:

14. life =_. Weed =^

This is how it goes

___________________^____________^____^__________^_____^___^____^____^___^___^___^_^_^_^_^__^_^_^_^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^____^^^^^^^^^^^^.

So when weed keeps you up there an already shyt life feels shyttier so you might as well stay high^-^

15. weed shouldn't be used for fun???
    That's like saying sex isn't for fun, and only to procreate.
    Fuck it then, lemme get cancer real quick and use it for something other than that.

16. #16 Blue Dreamer, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    Because it's a drug, just like alcohol. Not anything from a shaman's lifestyle perspective or outlook on life. Scientifically, tetrahydrocannabinol is a drug that gets you high (meaning it releases tons of dopamine in your brain).

17. Honestly I know many blades are like "nah man I don't need weed man. I can do without it." All honesty in my experience it takes an affect like alcohol (though not as bad) and nicotine. I know many blades on here say when they take a t break "it's hard to sleep, I get nightmares, and my mood sways drastically" marijuana does grab a hold of you. It is a substance that alters the minds state. Just like caffeine, as small as that is. Yet it still affects people. I love marijuana and choose it over everything, but come on guys. Many of us would flip out without mj for a week.

18. Weed can be used recreationally, spiritually, or medically.

That what makes the plant so amazing.

The wise man uses it in every way possible.

Get your moneys worth. ;)

19. Because weed is fun and alcohol isn't.

/thread

20. LOL all I see is a bunch of ignorant, arrogant, brainwashed pricks that have no idea what they're talking about. It's sad to see people have access to such a wonderful mind-altering substance but with no knowledge about the true properties of it. I read a few of your comments and cringed. Good luck in life, scum bags. 

Name-calling and disrespect are not tolerated on Grasscity...please read the forum guidelines... - IgnorantFool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.