Weed is the test as to whether you have made peace with yourself

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by imadamnlegend, Sep 9, 2011.

1. #1 imadamnlegend, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    I've been away for a long while GrassCity, and I have done a lot of thinking. I have stopped smoking weed, but for better or worse have been taking various other drugs that i shall not mention here. However, I have had a somewhat brilliant idea. I am not religious. Bare with it.

Firstly, you must realise that when you die, you are not judged by a 'god'. You are judged by yourself. If you have led a happy and good life, you will be eternally happy in your spiritual state, experiencing infinite euphoria; proud and pleased with how you spent your time as a physical entity. And if you haven't, then, well you are basically tormented for all eternity, tortured for how you wasted your chance on earth.

Weed is the halfway test so to speak.

If you smoke, and you are happy and comfortable, you are living a good life and on your way to eternal euphoria.

If you smoke, and experience anxiety, unpleasant thoughts and various other negative issues, you are not comfortable with who you are.

Weed is the test to see how comfortable you are with who you are.

Make peace with yourselves my friends.

2. Damn man...that's all I have to say.

3. That depends on what I'm smokin

4. That makes no sense. There are tons of people who live in agony , not by there doing but because of their situation.

5. So if you dont smoke weed you go to hell....

I dont think you thought this totally through

6. No not at all... Weed is a test to see how you're doing with making peace with yourself, that's all. Its kinda like taking a pregnancy test to see if you're pregnant.

7. So what does it mean if you dont smoke?

8. Nothing, just like not taking a pregnancy test wont change the fact you got buns in the oven

9. Ah, I get it now.

10. That's just your concept of what will happen, do you really expect your one thought to be better or more correct than literally thousands of other ideas. You say your not religious yet what you have just described is an afterlife based on your theory you created, that sounds a lot like a religion with you being the prophet. Weed is not the greatest thing on the earth, there are far better things such as love and happiness, its not some doorway to another dimension or bridge to the spirit world, it is an amazing substance with a huge number of medicinal qualities, but to say it shows you how your life is and how you feel about yourself is completely untrue in my opinion, I believe our emotions we feel in our hearts is what determines how we perceive our life's happiness level, not whether or not I go into a bad mood if i'm medicated.

11. Maybe im too far out of an Atheist, but after you die that's it. It's just black and all reality stops for you in every way. That's just the end, i truly do not grasp why people think there is something after you die...

12. This is so weird. My dad had a little bonfire out back tonight, and I was talking about this same thing to my dad and grandma minues the weed parts. The part about after you die.. Deja vu haha.

Awesome thought though.

13. have you ever died buffalo?? that u can think of...in this current life:smoke::smoke:

14. No i agree with what you're saying. Weed is not the greatest thing on earth. At all. But you smoke and it intensifies those emotions that are in our hearts (which is just what you say). It makes it easier to experience just how we are feeling with ourselves. I think what you just said backs up my point completely.

I disagree. I am currently studying neuroscience (the science of the brain and nervous system) and our consciousness is so subjective, it is almost impossible to relate this total consciousness to a physical entity. How is it that what we see, feel, perceive etc can be governed by electical signals running between synapses, using chemicals to transport such messages. If that truly is what consciousness is, then we all lead cold and pointless lives.

15. Well said.

16. Well my life sucks then, I gave up weed because I turned on me. Or did I turn on myself?

17. #17 imadamnlegend, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    I gave up weed for a similar reason my friend. Once you are comfortable with who you are inside you will be able to smoke again. Weed is not the culprit, it is merely a route through which you can test how you feel about who you are.

This is what makes it different to other drugs. Heroin, cocaine, MDMA, MXE, ketamine etc will make you feel good regardless. Weed is dependent on how you feel inside, in your heart about who you are. I hope all this makes sense.

I can't smoke, because i am not comfortable with who I am. I wish to god that i could, because if I were at peace with myself it would amplify all those positive emotions further, yet for me, the overpowering emotions are the negative ones, and those are something I must deal with before I can test myself (ie smoke) once again.

18. I understand what your saying, yes I would agree with that partially, Cannabis definitely makes me have a deeper understanding of my emotions, but where it gets hazey for me is where you were talking about how it shows us what we will feel like forever, in whatever afterlife or nirvana souls reach.

19. I thought that too until i realized, what the FUCK?! something created this... yes i realize everything came made in stars that got gases so hot the atoms came together and created all the elements we know today, but what made the stars, gas, dust? the big bang theory doesn't address one thing, what made the big bang happen? Even though you must believe in the idea that something can come from nothing to accept the idea of the big bang you still must question, what created the nothing?...

20. Not forever, it shows how at peace we are with ourselves at a given time in our lives. For example, if we were to die at that exact moment, its a great guide to how comfortable we are with who we are as we die. I think it seems logical to assume that if there is indeed some spiritual afterlife that is eternal we are either going to extremely happy with who we were, or unhappy. If you are unhappy it is eternal, and it would torment your soul to pieces.

Good question, probably eternally unanswerable. Perhaps everything is simply energy, and matter is a condensed form of it? Or maybe the universe 'just is', in the same way that a God can 'just exist'.