Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed is not a Drug

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ItalianGymSocks, May 12, 2010.

1. weed is a drug, the only difference between it and most every other drug is that it doesn't even need to be enjoyed in moderation. :)

2. Your a dumbass. A drug is classified as a mind altering substance. Last time i checked, thats exactly what cannabis does. Blaze on:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::bongin:

3. Let's take a scientific approach to see if this is a drug. If THC mimics the natural cannabanoid in your brain and combines to the same receptors, then it seems like it fits the definition of a drug. Plus it's classified as an agonist so by that alone it's a drug.

4. #24 jlotz123, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    Wait a second, why isn't alcohol called a drug?

Why is it always

"Drugs & Alcohol" ??

5. If it wasn't a drug it would have never been legalized for use as one.

6. shit... it's a drug man

7. Love is a drug (oxytocin)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aztub_hMXTc]YouTube - ROXY MUSIC - Love Is The Drug (1975)[/ame]

8. Weed is in no way a drug (in my mind). But according to, Idk, It being something that alters you like a boy in a candy shop, Then it's a drug.

+Rep if you know what I meant by that^

9. Well I hate when people say weed isn't a drug, because it in fact is one..
    I also hate when people say it's just a plant.

10. In the simplest confines of nature, stripping away any man-made definitions, marijuana is just a plant. It is made by the Earth, the fact that it contains chemicals (also made by the Earth) which alter the mind means that man can therefore define it as a drug, which is fine by me. But in the simplest put terms, yes, weed is simply an amazing plant.

It's like an apple tree. It's a food because we can ingest it for nourishment, but it's still just a plant in nature's perspective.

You should not hate when people refer to weed as such, because that is what it is. A plant which has mind-altering affects. Maybe we're arguing semantics, or maybe I'm just high.

:smoking:

11. All that in bold

12. Right and wrong. It is the false perception that marijuana is bad.

13. Ex does this. And that is def a drug. Whats you're point.

KEEP WEED ILLEGAL EVERYONE. ITS A DANGER DRUG THAT MAKES YOU TURN TO CRACK AND FUCK CATS.

14. #34 Jamie Peach, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010

I meant when people use the it's just a plant excuse to justify it as being totally fine for you. Many plants can have horrid effects from delirium to death so it really doesn't prove the point they were trying to get across in the first place. The kind of people I'd hear using this as an excuse around my area are typical dumb stoner kids who think they're cool for smoking weed and don't really know anything about it at all.
    I know that cannabis is a plant and don't have any issue with people saying it's a plant because that's exactly what it is, but using that as a way of telling people it's absolutely fine for you is ridiculous because just because something is a plant doesn't mean it is healthy. I would much rather hear someone talking about the actual medical value and actual health benefits. When I hear people just saying it's a plant so it's fine I feel as if those people don't really know what cannabis is all about and there is then no real knowledge or understanding being passed along.

15. Anyone ever done toad. Talk about trippin man.

[​IMG]

16. drug

1   noun, verb, drugged, drug·ging.
    –noun 1. Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.

2. (in federal law) a. any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.

b. any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.

c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body ofhumans or other animals.

d. any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.

Do you know the difference of sober and high? High isn't sober, "intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans."

Meaning: Anything that alters your mind, or changes you.

17. Sounds like a drug to me...

18. Yes, yes it is a drug, or if one wants to be pedantic it contains drugs in the form of cannabinoids.

Get over it. Not all drugs are inherently bad.

19. I consider any mind or body altering substance a drug.

I just find weed isn't a bad drug, if you are safe and careful.

Smoke as much as you can, don't over do anything.

Although after a certain point I smoke myself to the highest point I can be, but you have to take into consideration I have been smoking for a long time.

New smokers over smoke themselves and they have panic attacks, don't over do it.

20. So does medical science. The kids who keep saying it's not a drug are just in denial because schools and parents have taught them that the word 'drug' means bad when it doesn't.

It's a drug. You who are in denial over that need to just get over it and move on.

Someone can say the sky is purple when it's blue and it doesn't make it true. Same with saying cannabis isn't a drug.