Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Weed is not a drug it's a plant"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Nov 10, 2011.

1. link please

2. Once people start talking about brooms and bacid on a herb thread....

Is when you politely and quietly hit the unsubscribe button. :p Good point Philosiraptor.

3. what argument? I never said it wasn't a drug. I simply stated why some people say it isn't a drug. and it isn't the weakest "argument". in our society people who drink coffee or whatever are not considered "drug users" because it isn't looked at as a drug even tho technically it is.

4. That can be such a stupid double-standard "oh if it's natural it's definetely safer than something man-made"

go pick some wild brooms and eat them...unless you are an expert mycologist chances are you will end up dead

5. No need. You'll find out in due time.

6. Nothing bugs me more then people who only read the OP decide to comment saying something that has been repeated over and over the past 5 pages. But thanks for your input! :D

7. Isn't the federal agenda wonderful?

8. it's a drug plant. not the same as a plant drug. but it's got drugs in it and it grows. wonderful creation.

9. AITE DAWG. gonna go smoke some plant till then. DRUG FREE :)

10. Good luck. Don't choke or get arrested for your plant :wave:

11. Marijuana is obviously a drug. Lol seriously GC, why would be spend money and time on smoking something that didn't have any type of effect?

12. I look at a drug as you have to cook it of make it in a lab. BUT.... THC is only active 375-400 degrees (about) which means it is cooked. Hmmm... Interesting debate.

O and I love seeing people rub keif on their gums and chew stems thinking they will get higher. It needs to be heated!

13. ok mr. smartass, when most people say "drug" they are referring specifically to certain illegal substances. for instance, if you say "don't do drugs" no one thinks you are saying not to drink coffee, despite caffeine being a strong stimulant. i say "weed isnt a drug" all the time, cuz its not. ive always thought that calling something a drug means taking into account the psychoactive effects, dopamine release, potential for overdose, hallucinations, and/or addiction. therefore, caffeine and marijuana are not drugs, tobacco is on the cusp, and alcohol, heroin, oxycontin, amphetamines (ritalin, adderal), cocaine, and lsd are.

the simple truth is that you cannot compare the mild marijuana high with a high from a real drug, such as prescription painkiller or antidepressant (which are highly addictive and widely used).

14. #115 Royksopp, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011

I'm not mad, and that's such a stupid stereotype..."stoners should be chill"...why? I'm not always high but I consider myself a stoner.

They also say all stoners are slobs with no jobs. People get mad sometimes, stoners or not.

I wasn't even mad, I wasn't raging, and I am certainly not an "asshat", good sir. See how we can discuss without calling people asshats? Consider it next time ;)...stoners should be chill not raging and name-calling! :eek:

Why is mine ridiculous? And yes I meant molecule like Sirsog said, not chemical.

How do you know what most people think? Lol. My love you are exactly the kind of people I was talking about in the OP. How, are the molecules (thanks sirsog!) of thc and the others in the buds of cannabis....NOT a drug? How? HOW? Does it not alter your mind? Yes....it does.....bam.....making it a drug. Someone posted on the first page how the word drug has a negative connotation which is correct, it does, so perhaps that's why you feel the need to say that it's not a drug. But my definition, it is. It is a plant....but it is also a drug..cuz the molecules in the plant alter your state of mind when consumed....you get what I'm saying?

15. How come when people hear the word drug they only think of the negative connotation? Couldn't pharmaceuticals for high blood pressure or epilepsy also be referred to as drugs?

Sure I mostly only use cannabis to get high...but in that time that I am high I can be a lot more appreciative of things I often take for granted like a blue sky or looking at plants up close.

16. #117 SIRSOG, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011
    [quote name='"Philosiraptor"']How come when people hear the word drug they only think of the negative connotation? Couldn't pharmaceuticals for high blood pressure or epilepsy also be referred to as drugs?

Sure I mostly only use cannabis to get high...but in that time that I am high I can be a lot more appreciative of things I often take for granted like a blue sky or looking at plants up close.[/quote]

Because they are fucking brainwashed and don't even realize it.......

People think its so hard to fathom brainwashing, yet weed is illegal and up until not very long ago, a majority of peeps believed it caused violent insanity and shit

That's brainwashing, people do NOT understand how easy it is too do..... its done all over earth on a regular basis.....

Just like they assume drug means negative things, they thing brainwashing is mind control... no... its perceptive manipulation.. if you make them percieve it how you want to, that's how they will believe it is.....

If the govt can convince us all "drugs are bad" then prove cannabis is a drug, where has that left us lol... with cannabis being a bad drug, regardless of its truth

17. I love to watch people make their own definitions for things. Do you want to make up definitions for other words while you're at it?

18. I wish I was 12. :hello:

19. [quote name='"larsblackman"']

Cannabis: plant
    Marijuana: drug (because marijuana is simply the name of the part of the plant that is smoked)
    THC: chemical

These are facts; scientific classifications at that. Any argument otherwise would simply be an exercise in futility.[/quote]

Wrong. Marijuana is actually slang for cannabis.