Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Weed is not a drug it's a plant"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Not to split hairs but...............

Cannabis/Marijuana would be a NARCOTIC , not a drug , aspirin is a drug...

haha....

nar·cot·ic

   [nahr-kot-ik] [​IMG] Show IPA
    noun 1.any of a class of substances that blunt the senses, as opium, morphine, belladonna, and alcohol, that in large quantities produce euphoria, stupor, or coma, that when used constantly can cause habituation or addiction, and that are used in medicine to relieve pain, cause sedation, and induce sleep.

2.anything that exercises a soothing or numbing effect or influence: Television is a narcotic for many people.

So , actually the OP is a clown , :D

drug

1   [druhg] [​IMG] Show IPA noun, verb, drugged, drug·ging.
    noun 1.Pharmacology. a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.

2.(in federal law) a.any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.

b.any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.

c.any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.

d.any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.

3.a habit-forming medicinal or illicit substance, especially a narcotic.

I would say its a Plant personally, but if you want to be technical , its a narcotic , within the drug class...

:wave:

2. If it would be a plant we wouldn't be smoking it would we :D

3. Lol Russy, you know narcotics are drugs by connection of definitions...

If ONE of the definitions for a drug as a noun says A, and one for narcotic says B

but A = B

then A is also B

A narcotic has a physiological effect, any substance with such, is a drug

A=B in this situation

But i agree, this is splitting hairs, and you can call it a fucking automatic weapon for all i care, it doesnt change that weed is weed, words are words

4. I think it's just a utopian argument by one or many ideologically inflated stoners.

5. I agree , but ......

If you go by "Government" , then Weed/Cannabis/Marijuana IS NOT A DRUG , Its a narcotic , lol..

2.(in federal law) a.any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.

Since Marijuana according to the government "has no medicinal value" that would classify it as ONLY a narcotic.. , But Like you said, Its all stupid..

6. We call those water guns... cause they spray errrywere

7. you sound mad, stoners should be peaceful not raging asshats

8. LOL if you go by the federal government, then your argument is already invalid

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

feds just got shut down

9. Hey man ! I'm just using a ridiculous argument to combat the OP's ridiculous one !

I think its a silly conversation to have...

Caffeine is a drug , nobody calls it that, who cares what a person calls their weed...

Silly OP..

:wave:

10. Which means it's a drug.

11. Well i go by the motto id rather be right, than wrong

claiming, "its just a plant not a drug" is in fact, according to semantics, wrong, and makes stoners look ignorant to how semantics work lol

Look at it this way.... If i claim weed isnt a plant, and i honestly believe this to the core of my soul

is it a plant?

Because what Im saying is, we can believe to the depths of the universe its not a drug, but, according to the definition of it, it still is one. We dont change things with magic just because we think something

12. [quote name='"Mr. Mojorising"']Cannabis is a plant that contains the drug THC just as the opium poppy is a plant that contains the drugs morphine and codeine.

Many plants contain alkaloids that are drugs. However thc is not a alkaloid but it is still a drug.[/quote]

Lol thc isnt a drug...morphine and codeine are synthetically man made with nasty chemicals as catalyst etc, while thc is an organic compound in the bud which in conjunction with the cbds and cbns and carcinogens creates a..drug I guess?

[quote name='"Arckaic"']

I think it's just a utopian argument by one or many ideologically inflated stoners.[/quote]

Thank you. Someone else on my level. I think I should stop posting here before I become any dumber lol

13. Lettuce : Marijuana

Vegetable : Narcotic

Food : Drug

I think that sums it up.

14. :confused:

:confused_2:

This thread just got tartarted .....

:p

I'm out !

I dont really give a flying fuck what people call anything , You can call it a drug , you can call it a plant , You can play your semantics game if youd like , Im going to go smoke some plant .

:D

15. Heheheh let me explain why semantics are important

Banana goat, cream rock porch. Fervent ballast continent, potato happy disease

if i define words however i want, it makes plenty of sense to me, but does it to you?

hahahahahha semantics are important, the argument at hand here, very trivial in all realities though

16. People only call it a herb or w/e because drug has such a negative feel to it in our society. You start talking about legalizing a drug and all the ignorant dumbasses freak out. Little do they know that caffeine and alcohol are also drugs by definition.

I typically use the term drug for synthetic substances or those that require exotic processing to extract(cocaine/heroin). With mj you're basically just drying the flowers of a plant and then smoking them. I usually refer the mj as a medicinal herb.

17. Whenever I hear someone say cannabis isn't a drug, it's a plant, I'm always reminded of that silly, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make any noise?" debate. I wonder why?

18. Yes it's a drug.

An awesome drug.

19. hahahahahah i love that argument

my response is always (just to make it more frustrating)

If no one was around how the fuck do they know it fell? AND WHY ARE THEY SO CONCERNED?!?!!??!!?!?!?

lol

20. Wrong they exist in the natural state in the plant and are soluble in water. Make your self some poppy tea using just water and opium poppies.

Opium its self is nothing more than the latex or sap from the plant. It is removed from the plant buy cutting the seed capsules and allowing it to dry. That is crude opium and I suppose that is not a drug.

This really is a ridiculous argument.