Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Weed is not a drug it's a plant"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Nov 10, 2011.

1. sure technically under the definition it is a drug. but when you drink pop/coffee do you consider yourself doing drugs? everybody knows by definition its a drug, everyone of you guys know that when someone says it isn't a drug they mean its not like smoking crack or bangin heroine, they're not arguing the fact that technically its a drug, they are saying that it shouldn't be lumped in the same category as "harder" drugs.

2. Yes, I do. Consistency is a wonderful thing. This is the weakest argument evar, and another thing that annoys me when this topic is brought up.

3. Wait so you are telling me that you are taking the definition from scientist that are paid off by our government to spread this bullshit and lies? Let me make something clear a natural chemical from a plant used for healing is called a herb it's been that way for many millennia. It is a herb NOT a drug.

4. Herb: Any plant with leaves, seeds, or flowers used for flavoring, food, medicine, or perfume.

see how it says "any plant"

that means plants that are also drugs

you are making it out to seem like scientists control what the word drug means, do you honestly thing there was modern science when that word originated.... are you serious?

Words are words, we use them to define things, you can not go changing the definitions of them ,or language soon becomes useless and diluted, and im not sure if you have noticed, but language is ALREADY heading that way because no one can ever get a clear fucking definition

its whack that people cant use a words true definition just because the media and government have made the word seem scary, like drug

5. Would you or would you not agree that a drug is a substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body?

6. Let me revise that above statement.. "Weed is not a manufactured drug, it is an all-natural plant"

7. You do realize it says Herb: any natural plant ...... Medicine. Yeah done and done
    And what I ment by definition is science disregards the native old cultures way of things like herbs and throws them into there own category of synthetic made lab stuff and calls them all drugs

8. AGREED! Probably one the most commonly used argument for stoner. Which is indeed not a good one at all. By saying this, you are saying that cocaine and heroin, plus several other drugs made by a plant are not a drug?

9. what kind of plant isnt fucking natural?

are you even in this argument or are you on some other planet lol

it says "ANY PLANT THAT"

meaning if you can use the plant as a medicine (which would likely insensate it alters the physiology of a human) its an herb, if it alters physiology, its a drug

it can be more than one thing, get off that single track lol

many herbs are also drugs.... im not sure how this is confusing to some

10. starting an argument on the internet is quite a bit more stupid than saying it's a plant or a drug or an herb or anything

11. its definitely a drug, just as atorvastatin, clopidogrel and amlodipine are

:wave: :wave: :wave:

12. Its not a commercial pharmaceutical, its a herbal medicine.:confused:

13. "Application to "narcotics and opiates" is late 19c., though association with "poisons" is 1500s. The verb is from c.1600. Druggie first recorded 1968. To be a drug on or in the market (mid-17c.) is of doubtful connection and may be a different word, perhaps a play on drag, which was sometimes drug c.1240-1800." - http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=drug

Drug originated in the 14th century and was by definition "medicine, chemical ingredients."

What you fail to realize is that the government had a massively successful media campaign in the 60's all the way into the 90's blackballin' marijuana. It was during these times that criminal lies were spread as truth through baseless "experiments", loose-collared "scientists", and piss-poor "government." It is a drug, it has been a drug for a really, really long time...But so is the Mountain Dew I'm drinking, a good chunk of the water you drink, most of the food you eat, even the vitamins you take.

Your focus is wrong.:cool:

14. I love drugs.

Both natural and synthetic ones.

:wave:

15. Oh my dear God. I swear, you're ALL retarded. It grows naturally, IN THE GROUND. It is a PLANT. It grows naturally and is then harvested. How can it even be considered a drug. The ignorance of this forum never ceases to amaze me...

[​IMG]

16. Actually....

chem·i·cal/ˈkemikəl/

Noun:A compound or substance that has been purified or prepared, esp. artificially.

As far as I know... nothing in the cannabis plant is prepared or purified during it's growing stage, especially not artificially.. It's almost hypocritical of me to say that hash would be considered a drug by your logic and the actual cannabis plant not, but my argument has one short leg. The use of the word "drug" is extraordinarily relative... as much to say that heroin is, indeed, a drug, as it is prepared artificially... however pure opium being just a secretion of the plant, but still considered a drug.

I personally do not like to lump marijuana in with the drug category, because I don't advocate the use of drugs and I like to think that I do not use them. However, in today's typical ego-inflated society... marijuana is considered a drug. Although it does not fit the definition of a chemical, it is still indeed a drug.

17. I think the term chemical is much too often used in place of molecule, such as might be the case here

18. Since when was thc a chemical? I thought it was considered an organic compound.......? This thread makes zero sense.

19. Yea, like i was saying above haha, and you actually just added what i came back here to edit, people throw chemical out there, and often mean molecule, or compound

Though, thats not really the issue at hand, you guys are now just arguing to argue lol

The issue here is just because society negatively views the word drug, doesnt mean its definition is that which society wrongly uses it for.....

If a million people are doing something wrong, it doesnt mean it becomes the way it is, it just means a million people are dumb

20. Cannabis is a plant that contains the drug THC just as the opium poppy is a plant that contains the drugs morphine and codeine.

Many plants contain alkaloids that are drugs. However THC is not a alkaloid but it is still a drug.