Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Weed is not a drug it's a plant"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Nov 10, 2011.

1. [quote name='"h i g h"']marijuana=plant
    thc+cannabanoids=drug[/quote]

Cannabis: plant
    Marijuana: drug (because marijuana is simply the name of the part of the plant that is smoked)
    THC: chemical

These are facts; scientific classifications at that. Any argument otherwise would simply be an exercise in futility.

2. Cocaine and heroin are SEMIsynthetic. Maryjane is all natural.

3. where have you been lol

4. Oh I definitely believe it's a drug; most drugs come from plants. But "drug" isn't a good way to qualify if something is dangerous or not. Caffeine is a drug, aspirin is a drug, hell, sugar is a drug. And hundreds of chemical reactions that happen in our bodies, that change our state of mind every single day, are drugs.

Some drugs are dangerous, some aren't. Some are only dangerous in ridiculous doses, or with other health problems. Unless it's heroin, coke, meth, or in some cases alcohol, I think you're fine :cool:

5. I think we should just get rid of the Apprentice Toker Section.
    It's just a headache for the mods.
    It's ALWAYS the same questions repeated to death...
    I vote for it to be closed.

6. You want to close one of the most active forums on the city? Lol what?

7. Mushrooms grow naturally...

If your trying to tell me mushrooms aren't a drug(I'm not saying their dangerous, just a drug), then I don't know what to say.

Nicotine is naturally in tobacco also...

8. It went from asking experienced tokers what is what.
    To someone posting stupid questions getting 34989034 stupid answers...then just being tossed aside.
    It's active, it's just not effective or practical.

9. Well yeah its a drug... but its a natural drug. Being a drug doesn't mean its bad. caffeine is a drug too that has a grip on American's but you don't see uneducated mothers screaming about how its going to destroy us :p

10. cannabis is a plant.
    but it becomes a drug when harvested,and smoked.

therefore its both...

11. I hate when people say that. SO MUCH. It doesn't matter if it's a plant man. It alters your state of mind when introduced to your body lol

12. Its a drug. Thats a fact. If you say it isnt, how the hell did you pass high school?

...or did you?

13. 64% of Apprentice tokers haven't even started high school yet.

14. its only a drug once harvested and smoked...A GROWING CANNABIS PLANT IS NOT A DRUG ITS A PLANT.

and im a highschool dropout,with no GED currently.

15. Its a drug in use, when that is the case

Its just a plant that happens to be a drug when no one is using it, but that doesnt change what it is lol

Thats almost like saying its not a plant once its harvested, its a drug, but when its not, its a plant, not a drug. Thats not the case

16. It shows. loljkbro. Like the dude above me said^ and in addition, it's a plant that happens to be a drug. It's not, "just a plant."

17. haha spelling,grammar,and sentence structure are my weak points.

so the general consensus is what?its a plant and a drug?i was more or less just being anal cuz im kinda tired of everyone arguing if its a plant or a drug.

18. it IS a drug and a plant, general consensus doesnt trump semantics.....

19. Perfect example; Marijuana is a natural plant right? It's not a drug? Well then, mushrooms grows naturally aswell. There's no need to extract anything from it. So what? Should we say that "shrooms are not a drug, it's a fungus"? People get your facts straight. I agree with you guys on one hand. Marijuana isn't a drug like the other harmful substances. Meaning that you won't die from it, no addiction, and no major withdrawal symptoms, BUT it's still a drug. And in my opinion, I don't think when stoners say "weed is not a drug, it's a plant" they literally mean that. It's more of a saying now that means that weed isn't like unmentionables. There's my 2 cents.

20. It's a plant that is a drug.