Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Weed is not a drug it's a plant"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Nov 10, 2011.

1. lol yup. You're the only one with rational, organized thoughts here:rolleyes:

2. This old chestnut eh?
    Personally I think of cannabis as a plant, it's content as the drug. The same as I do with psilocin/psilocybin and mushrooms. If you were to extract and separate CBD, THC etc. from the plant each one would be a separate drug and you'd be left with plant matter. Could be wrong but I don't really care, the negative aspect makes no sense and I take other drugs anyway.
    It's never gonna get settled so fuck everyone's opinion, including my own.:smoke:

3. I agree, the negative aspect makes no sense. Even if a drug is detrimental to your health, it is my choice to slowly kill myself. Cigarettes is a perfect example of this. Sure, you can have anti-smoking campaigns, but it would be outrageous to make it illegal, however I can understand harder regulation on the industry to reduce the fatalities from it...

4. OK

I was on vacation in the islands and we went scuba diving. We had a wonderful time we saw schools of fish and even a eight armed train. That night we had dinner at a Koren restaurant the seafood was excellent we had fish,shrimp, jellyfish and even train tentacles.

The vacation was very relaxing but when we arrived home we went to pick up our dog from the kennel. We were told that our dog had passed away in its sleep from old age.

This was terrible news and a horrible way to end our vacation. I would have never thought that the day I returned I would be getting the strawberry out of the garage and digging a hole to bury my dog.

We put Rover in a nice grave near the pine grove and said a few words afterwords it was so sad. As I stood there still holding the strawberry I could not stop myself from shedding a tear.

5. A rectangle is not a square, but a square is a rectangle.

A strawberry is a shovel, but a shovel is not a strawberry.

6. A rectangle is a square when
    both pairs of opposite sides
    are the same length. This
    means that a square is a
    specialized case of the
    rectangle and is indeed a
    rectangle.

I used to have a shovel that was rusted and pitted from use and resembled a strawberry, hence why we referred to it as the strawberry shovel, or "Strawberry" for short. My shovel was strawberry shovel.

Just playin'. lol

:p

7. The actual plant is not a drug ( I guess)
    The chemicals inside said plant are drugs and if you keep up with any marijuana news at all you guys would know that there are doctors and pharmaceutical companies that have synthesized THC and using it as medicine....

So if this plant you speak of doesn't contain "drugs" what are these companies extracting from the plant?

Two kinds of synthesized THC (dronabinol or Marinol® and nabilone or Cesamet®) have been approved for treatment of chemotherapy-related nausea and vomiting. Marinol® has also been approved for appetite and weight loss associated with HIV/AIDS wasting syndrome. A recent pharmaceutical cannabis product called Sativex® has been approved in Canada for pain associated with advanced cancer and neuropathic pain associated with multiple sclerosis.

It's a drug deal with it.

8. yeah this is what people want, not cigs to be illegal, but the US has no laws limiting the amount of chemical additives they can put in them. people would like to see restrictions on the chemicals making it a "safer" cig. But i understand things like meth and crack being illegal. while yes you have a right to go fuck your self up and die from drugs that is not the issue. the issue with legalizing something like that is that when billy bob runs out of money to buy his crack or meth he goes and shoots up the store for more of it. whereas cigs and weed people will go to work another day and buy more.

9. It is a plant and a drug.
    And on my opinion its the best damn plant ever.

10. Bullet proof glass works wonders.

11. #231 LordOfTerror, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
    Marijuana is a drug and a plant. The dried flowers of Cannabis Sativa (excluding hemp) contain mind altering THC and other Cannabinoids, making them a narcotic drug.

Saying its not a drug is very much like saying that cocaine is not a drug. Also cocaine is not a semisynthetic drug, it is a naturally occuring alkaloid in the coca (not cocoa) plant Erythroxylum spp. it is foud in concentrations of up to 0.5% by weight in the dry leaves. It is then extracted cut and sold to consumers found all over the world.

Heroin is Acetylated morphine, morphine was extracted from raw opium and acetylated for easier smuggling for more money.

Attached Files:

12. I totally agree. Weed is a drug, Alcohol is a drug but even an ordinary Advil is a drug.