Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed is my only true friend. (serious)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shadyonedeath, Dec 5, 2010.

1. I know it sounds crazy but so far my life has collected a series of failures...

Ill run cliffs:
    -Long term relationship with first girl I snag (5 years)
    -burn bridges to all my friends, who weren't really friends to begin with.
    -relationship falling apart, i'm starting to get sick of her.
    -depressed every weekend because my only option of going out is to be with my GF, which I have nothing in common with anymore...besides sex.
    -No job, 22 y/o in community college, no direction. Just blinding taking GED's.
    -12 hours without weed and I go fcken insane.

I can never be happy sober. Even before weed I felt this way, I just found things to distract me from being sad. Now, all those hobbies are gone/over/completed...and I have nothing to distract me.

No one calls me, invites me anywhere.

Wanna know the crazy thing? In school, when i'm high...I can attract girls like crazy. You know that look in a girls eye where she's trying to figure out WHY she suddenly fell head over heels for you? Well, I'm that guy. I constantly attract girls randomly by just being a funny/honest. I've been told i'm handsome, smart, creative, etc... I can fix anything, I can fix your car without any mechanical training, I can be witty, etc...lets cut this short, I have skills yet I'm unable to get a returned call for some shitty part time job at some shitty company who's only use for me is to follow a script or guidelines that disregard my skills or creativity.

Now ain't that a bitch?

Then...back to the weed. Once I smoke weed...everything is solid. I'm at peace. I can finally taste the rare commodity in my life which is being happy. I don't remember the last time I was happy before marijuana. Not even as a kid. I had a very judgmental childhood where everything I did was prevented or criticized, for the greater good of whatever "thing" i was doing. Weed is the only thing in my life right now that is dependable. It makes me happy, it doesn't judge, it doesn't tell me what to do, it doesn't try to "control" me, if anything, it lets me free.

Sometimes I think i'm crazy...then when I'm about to man up and see a psychiatrist, i'm suddenly not crazy anymore and I avoid it. The fck is that shit huh?

I'm sometimes suicidal...but there's something inside me telling me it's going to be alright...just keep moving. And sometimes I think that little voice is full of shit. It wants to toy with me longer. My body is like a puppet for this sick head of mine. And only sometimes like now, can I escape and attempt to describe what its like on the inside.

Thanks for those who bother reading. Patiently waiting to smoke soon as rents leave.

2. "Wanna know the crazy thing? In school, when i'm high...I can attract girls like crazy. You know that look in a girls eye where she's trying to figure out WHY she suddenly fell head over heels for you? Well, I'm that guy. I constantly attract girls randomly by just being a funny/honest. I've been told i'm handsome, smart, creative, etc... I can fix anything, I can fix your car without any mechanical training, I can be witty, etc...lets cut this short, I have skills yet I'm unable to get a returned call for some shitty part time job at some shitty company who's only use for me is to follow a script or guidelines that disregard my skills or creativity."

Oh gee how sad

3. Hey man, I can feel where you are coming from. I was raised by a single parent who basically would say "oh cool" if I said I got straight A's, but if I forgot to take out the trash would rag on me until I felt like a total piece of lazy worthless shit for the rest of the night.

I go through periods in my life where I feel very mentally healthy, happy, and I go through periods of my life where I spend half the day wishing I wasn't living this life anymore (not necessarily suicidal ideation), along with insane amounts of anxiety. I smoke weed for the anxiety and the insomnia related to it. I've always been extremely creative, but repressed throughout school by extremely strict teachers who attempted to mold every single person the same way. I was never allowed to explore my creativity, and I think it's a damaging experience.

You sound like you're potentially bipolar or borderline. I, myself, am 21 and just met with a neuropsychologist for the first time in my life last night. I've seen psychiatrists, but all they will do is give you pharm pills blindly and probably make your condition worse, honestly. They'll hear depression and not explore things like bipolar disorder and you can potentially be fucked by the medication they prescribe. After this Christmas, I'll begin the process of undergoing real testing for the first time in my entire life, everything from IQ tests to personality tests...

I've been smoking three years, it's the only thing I can depend on to keep me calm, help me sleep, allow me to be functionable, and is pretty much the building block of most of my friendships.

Tl;dr, you're not alone. Think about seeing a really good psychologist who will do testing and help you find strategies to cope with what you're going through.

4. Sorry, that bit was left unfinished in my rambling...but the point was...I can do all those incredible "girl" things...but when it comes to actually targeting one I want, I scare her away. Ignore that shit.

@fadeddd
    I would bro but I don't have insurance. I was also a straight A kid..then anxiety and inferiority to my peers took over and I stopped giving a shit. But now, with weed...I actually get A's on my exams.

5. Your not alone. I, too, feel like weed is a true friend... so to speak. I dont have much of a social life. My life is very boring. I Wake up, work a few hours, then im home the rest of the day. When Im high, theres always something to do and Im never bored. Even if Im just watching tv, its not boring when im high. When I go to my shitt job, doing shit labor, for shit money, the only happiness i get everyday comes from my weed.

Smoking bud Is a nice little outlet on life for me. weed will brighten up your life and let you see the brighter side.

6. Eating properly and working out will give you a natural high not so dissimilar from weed obviously not as intense. Getting a job would help, for me just getting off work in and of itself gives me a high or puts me in a excellent mood anyway. Theirs no reason you should require weed to be happy, that is essentially making weed a crutch like alcohol, that's not the impression we want to give people about it if its ever to be legal.

7. My suggestion then is just introspection and browsing the internet for how people get through the kind of shit you're going through. I found out a long time ago that a lot of my problems stem from the fact my thinking is so negative, and the reason I smoke is to turn off my thinking (which is why I don't dig sativas very much). I think this is the case with a lot of us... I have barrages of negative thinking that can lead to depression (when it's thoughts focusing about the past, how I've fucked up good things I had going for me, etc.), or anxiety when I'm thinking about fears of panic attacks or embarrassment.

If you can relate, there's a ton of great ways to calm your mind outside of weed that you don't need medical insurance for, like losing yourself in exercise or meditation. It just takes discipline and practice.

8. thats exactly how i feel.

thanks man.

9. ive got ur solution break up and have sex with as many chicks possible and stay high

10. yea weed is the only thing that keeps my stress, anger, anxiety at a controllable level, i dont know how i would be able to funtion without it. its truly a medication for me

11. And the problem is?

12. New friends don't come to you; you go out and make them.

13. Hey man i feel deeply for you.I was in the same boat only im much younger then you.Excluding the job and a serious gf its exactly alike.I went months being terribly depressed and hating life.I was never up to killing myself but believe me if i could have just died right there i would have.
    Weed was there for me and was an escape to something less complicated and stressful.I ended up going to see a physcatrist who is a bitch and askes me the same questions every time and forgets the answers to them.She has not helped at all.Just askes questions and i leave.I dont have to pay though but i stopped seeing her.

To be honest things never really did get better.
    Currently my last good friend will start homeschooling next semester and i will be alone in school.I know people but i dont hang out with them or am friends with them.I dont have a dealer anymore.nothing in my life is good right now.
    I have the opportunity to move to nc with my grandparents.Itd be better for alot of reasons but i cant get myself to start over at a new school again :(

I truly hope things get better for you.
    All i want in life is to work a nine to five come home smoke bud and do it all over again.

14. Enjoy the little things in your life....:)

15. i always say this

but

you need to give yourself something to work on, something positive, if you can get to a gym go 1 hour every day, work out, watch yourself improve, use your confidence to meet people + employers

if you cant go gym look on internet for bodyweight workouts, pressups and stuff at home 1 hour a day for 3 weeks you would look / feel like a different man

stay strong bro

16. #16 RzaStyle, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    You should stop smoking if you're telling the truth about your problems. If you miss having a social life, call up and your friends and do something nice for them. Go out of your way to be nice for someone, just don't look creepy or like a bitch. People really appreciate that shit.

Oh and get a job. Go running or some sort of exercise.

Dump that stupid bitch of a gf and go out clubbing/bars. You're 22, take advantage of it.

17. Dude ur entire story is my story except i have failed out of my school and cant afford to go to University anymore and am back living at my moms hoping to get out on my own in my own apartment in the next couple of months. But tonight i was so depressed and suicidal and then i smoked two bowls of OG Kush and im alright, still kinda sad but alot alot better...weed is the only medicine that works for me no pill has...

18. This right here.

19. #19 Oceanic, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    I feel you man, everyone's situation is different but I know you're feeling. I have trust issues because of past experiences, maybe that's a good thing but some times I feel I take things too far.

I don't have many true friends, and the ones I do are in different cities. I do have good friends I kick it with, but most are just aquaintances that come and go after a few months. My life also revolves pretty heavily around bud, so I need to be careful who I befriend and how/where. It's hard sometimes.

It's also hard to find sexual relationships besides a few week flings and one night stands.

But hey, it is what it is and I haven't changed so I must be enjoying everything in some way.

:smoke:

20. im gonna move to amsterdam or cali purely for weed , it improves life so much