Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed is bad for you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by piffcity09, May 24, 2009.

1. All my friends smoke weed but they are all convinced its bad for you and they mostly think it makes you turn skitzo ...... they keep smoking but say they need to ccut down and switch to alcohol. I tell them MJ is way bettter than alcohol or cigs but no matter what they think its bad.

2. Weed can't cause schizophrenia, but it can help trigger it if the person is already genetically susceptible to it. But yes, alcohol is a lot worse for you...

3. oo well now ive heard weed is bad for you at early stage and i been smoking since 15:(

4. Smoking anything is bad for you man...

5. Alcohol causes brain damage, and in teens with still developing brains it can cause permanent reduction in cognitive function. Cannabis does not, though I still think people should wait until they are 18ish before they start using it.

Indeed it is, as is abusing anything. Even cannabis can be abused.

As with most things in life, it's all about balance.

6. Whoah, really?

Or is it just binge drinking that does?

7. Studies have shown that even moderate alcohol use by adolescents and younger teens can cause permanent changes to brain structure.

Alcohol is a toxin. That feeling one gets when one is drunk is your brain being poisoned.

8. ^^ funny how poison can feel so good :eek:

9. I guess that is a matter of opinion. I've never liked being drunk. I almost always stop after a couple of drinks.

10. Whoops.

I guess everyone in England is brain damaged then. :smoking:

11. There are so many joke opportunities in that statement. I mean, you keep reelecting the Labour Party, that's quite a bit of evidence towards the veracity of your statement :laughing:

12. Well we formed an orderly queue to make our complaints against them heard, that counts for something right?

13. Personally I think both of our Governments need the torch and pitchfork complaint method applied to them.

14. I know this sounds a little odd, but I had a thought. And that was: There must be a formula to calculate the cooling rate of smoke. And isn't the heat of the smoke being inhaled a big part of what is harmful? Just like Temperature/Time...
    And at about what Temp. isn't it harmful?
    Cause I just want a easily pocketable spoon that fits that description.

Sorry, that was generally random

15. Good point actually. Smoke cools off rather fast but I don't have any figures on it. I use my spoon over 50% of the time, but when I toke I take moderately sized puffs and hold it in my mouth for a few seconds before inhaling. It cools quite rapidly.

16. And studies have shown cannabis causes brain damage, grapefruits prevent cancer, Cell phone rot your brain, an you still believe these studies????

17. That is complete bullshit. No credible study has ever shown that; it was just empty Government propaganda. In fact every single study has shown no long term brain damage from cannabis.

The changes to adolescent brains from alcohol are well documented via MRI and PET scan studies dude.

18. Okay, i was just being a dick OSG, no need to shut me down that quickly:cry:

19. :laughing:

You're a good kid.

20. Thanks OSG, as weird as it may sound, you help my ego alot ;)