Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Weed is bad for you, and will ruin your life."

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jdklgn, Sep 25, 2011.

1. My dad keeps telling me this. True or false, and why?

2. Its called a search function.

Just look in storm crows signature, theres more than enough there for you.

3. MARIJUANA MAKES YOUR HEAD EXPLODE!
    you think people from a pro-marijuana forum will tell you it ruins your life?

4. False. Weed doesn't ruin your life, your own actions and motivations does. Your in control of your own life, the path you choose to follow is what will determine whether your life is a success or a failure. So no, weed doesnt ruin your life, you do.

5. It will if you let it, keep that in mind.

6. No it's false and the fact that your even asking why it's false disturbs me :p Just kidding but your dad is wrong.

Alcohol is worse than weed Much worse. It's OK in moderation right.

Tobacco is insanely worse than weed, it is't OK in moderation but it doesn't ruin that many lives well actually fuck it Yes it does :laughing:

I hope you get the point, i wrote up another reply but a little window came up when i tried to post it and it said "windows has detected a critical amount of highness, windows will shut down in 59 seconds" Fuck you windows :mad:

7. All you need to do is get up and do it. Fight that couch lock!

8. It's True!!!!!! So stop smoking!

ofcourse it's false but what other answer would you expect from this forum.. He probably hasn't tried because some of the older generations have some erroneous stereotypes about the "perils" of marijuana.

9. You did 0 searching before you asked, didn't you?
    Marijuana - Telling Teenagers the Truth about Smoking Pot

Read this then go watch the documentaries, "The Union", and "Super High Me". (both on netfilx instant play and google video)

Then you can answer for yourself whether that true or false.
    Don't let weed control you and it won't run your life.

10. I know that weed is not bad for you, I have done my fair share of research. However, my dad is as stubborn as a mule. I made this thread so I can expand my knowledge on this topic.

Btw thanks for the link elementgreen, that's a very informative website.

11. For some people true, for some people false. If your life is consumed by weed and it's all you think about then it may be a problem not a help. If you like the way it feels and it relieves stress then it can be great. I like it for spiritual and recreational reasons. I haven't had any in three weeks because my dealer's in a dry spell. I want it but it's not controlling my life.

Really you are the only person who can know for sure. Marijuana is a gift and you must respect it. Remember these things and you will have a good weed experience. Jah will shine on his people in their time of need.
    With peace and love RH

12. Show him granny's list

13. If your Dad keeps repeating nonsensical things he may be in the early stages of dementia

Dementia - PubMed Health

and should be evaluated by a qualified health professional

14. Lies. You just need self control and you need to let weed revolve around you, not the other way. And besides, why would it be called "medical" if it were bad for you? Toke, and be happy. Like I said SELF-CONTROL. It's easier to preach it than to practice, but live with that in mind and you'll be fine :)

Also, for any questions you may have: Erowid.com is your place

15. [quote name='"AdamStoner308"']Lies. You just need self control and you need to let weed revolve around you, not the other way. And besides, why would it be called "medical" if it were bad for you? Toke, and be happy. Like I said SELF-CONTROL. It's easier to preach it than to practice, but live with that in mind and you'll be fine :)

Also, for any questions you may have: Erowid.com is your place[/quote]

I smoke about 4-5 times a week, partly for stress and partly because I love ganja :). Also my mom died when I was in the 6th grade and I never had any counseling but weed has definitely helped me get over it like nothing else has.

16. Yep this, he's mad OP
    :p

17. Sit Dad down in front of the computer. :confused:

Click that 1st link in my sig.
    :yay:

Bet him $10 he can't even read all the TITLES in one sitting! :rolleyes:

Whether you win or lose, his eyes will be opened! (To make it even harder for him :rolleyes:, send me an email- bottom of my sig- and I'll send you the BIG "Granny's MMJ List" PDF- about 100 pages longer than GC's version! Just pop it on the desktop and then he won't know about GC and all your shenanigans here! ;) )

Granny :wave:

18. Me too, well I did. I'm on a little bit of a t-break right now... Gotta keep those grades up! But I smoke for fun and because it helps with depression and it really helps my joint pain (I've had arthritis since I was 15, drug-induced arthritis actually... Because of a synthetic Rx that I needed for something else...Damn pharm. companies).
    Sorry about your Mom though :/ I don't know WHAT I would do if I lost my Mom. I'd encourage counseling along with the self-medicating though, it helps to get to the ROOT of the problem instead of just masking the symptoms. But honestly, just smoke when you feel the need, and as long as you can balance your life with smoking, you're golden :)