Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed is a gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by The Jew 420, Sep 29, 2003.

1. I think the mind is the real gateway. But if I had to use the same blatantly flawed logic of government propaganda and shit, I'd have to say alcohol is the gateway drug. For me at least it was. Had I never had that first champagne or margarita in my teens, I wonder if I still would have tried cigarettes, weed, and coke. Prolly, prolly not. Now I do like to drink every now and then, but half the time I did drugs for the first time was while drunk.

2. Gateway drug means a chemical in weed that makes you want stronger drugs. Weed is not a gateway drug. You're dealer usually opens up the gateway to stronger stuff he might ask "hey man i got some lsd you want to try some?" and that triggers it off..not smoking weed

3. a gateway into eating too much food

4. i dont think its a gateway drug but i think if i hadent smoked i wouldnt have been as open to doing the drugs i have done

5. It's only a gateway drug in the way alcohol is (while not being considered one itself). But the way people make it out to be is completely false. While most users who are on harder drugs start with marijuana, it was not caused BY marijuana. otherwise you could say the same for alcohol: most people use alcohol before marijuana and other drugs. It's a shady term, and it depends on how people interpret it. Let me make it clear, though, that marijuana DOES NOT have any chemical or physical properties which lead the user to crave harder drugs. It's all about correlation vs causation.

6. Prohibition of weed causes it to be a gateway drug, the dealers always have things on them besides weed, and they introduce the other drugs by asking many people if they want to try cocaine or something harder than weed.

7. Weed is definitely a gateway drug, at least it was for me. It introduces you gently to drug culture, teaches you how to talk to drug dealers the right way and proper drug deal etiquette. Also, like someone said, it connects you with people many of whom are definitely involved in other drugs..