Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Induced Anxiety Attack Help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bossdaddydeluxe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. I've been smoking weed for about 5 years now with no problems. I'm currently 26 years old. It has been helping me greatly with my anxiety and doing what it's supposed to do. Just recently" 4 months as go", I woke up and toked like I usually do every day and had a severe panic attack, I thought I was dying because I've never had one before. I really want to smoke again but I'm afraid I'll have another panic attack. Suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dude, this same thing happened to me. I felt tingling in my left arm extreme dizziness and feelings of about to die/pass out after I hit a huge water pipe once. Scared the **** out of me for a month. I was also 26, odd. But none the less I think yours will be a one time thing like mine was.

3. What works for me is to try a new strain. Heavy sativa gives me those feelings here and there still but nothing like a full blown PA.

4. Whoa! I also had tingling in my left arm! This happened last year on November 25 on black Friday. Did you wait awhile to smoke again? Do you prefer a certain type of strain. Like I need all the helpful info I can get because green is the only thing that can help me get through every day. I was definitely stressed the hell out at the time but I'm a lot less stressed out now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I did wait to smoke in fear of that panic attack returning. About a month and I made sure to get some indica LA Confidential to be exact. The feeling of panic that comes from weed is usually because 1. its a strong sativa. or 2. The plant was harvested early and this will induce high anxiety. My go to since is alwyas OG.Or Indica. A few times I had to get sativa and it was a bad time, anxiety wise, had to rid it and get indica. But really watch out for early harvest. Pure clear trichs is high anxiety stone.

6. This is my original post from a few months ago if this helps any? Ok. I have a good question. I have smoked weed on and off since I was about 16. I'm 25 now and I've been smoking regularly the past couple years because of stress/life. I was smoking about an eighth a week which isn't a lot to some but that was my personal favorite amount. I've never had problems before smoking it. I've always felt like how your supposed to feel, "high, hungry, a little tired, happy with no worries." Well a few months ago i bought an eighth of high grade kush which is what I normally get. I blew through half of this batch with no worries just as I usually do. So, here's where it gets weird. The next day I loaded up a bowl of which what I already smoked, then I took a hit and omg, out of nowhere I started to feel weird like I was dying, my heart started to race, face went numb, etc. After about 30 minutes I calmed down. I haven't touched it since. I figured I've had an anxiety attack but why when I've been smoking it for so long? It happened on November 25 and I'm still recovering from that episode. I've never freaked out on it before, just that one time. Can somebody please give me an answer?

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 ProCrunchie11, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Ok thanks glad I can help even a little.

8. I also notice after I smoke a cig then green I get anxious really bad. Also when I am very tired/ lack of sleep weed will cause anxiety. Its strange I know.

9. Thank you. I guess I posted right when you posted. I'm going to go ahead and get some Indica. Hopefully all goes well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My bad ya that's what happened. You will be fine bro!:love-m3j:

11. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Try to get any indica like these guys suggested. Some of my favorites, northern lights #5, black domina, jilly bean (hybrid), bubba kush, sweet black angel. None of those cause me any anxiety, some sativas do. Just find a few you like and stick with anything similar.