Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed in brownies?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Mr O, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Alright folks so I decided to make some special brownies for halloween :cool:
    Now, i'm making this very simple. I'm just gonna drop well-grinded weed in a simple duncan hines instant brownies mixture, because i'm that lazy and that it worked fine last time i did it :p

Now my question is, what's the amount of weed i should put in there? I don't want to put just enough to be high, I want to have a massive long-length high, but i don't want to put too much that it'll be wasted.

Tips anyone? :smoke:

2. put a quarter

and if your using that much, dont waste it and just dump it all in there.

Make some canna butter, that will definitely make the high last 5+ hours

Go make some canna butter bro, you wont regret it ;)

3. I don't have time for cannabutter :(

4. #4 pearl75, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010

Measure out the amount of oil you need to make the brownies plus a couple of tablespoons extra. Put oil in a pan and heat it and ground weed over low heat for about 20 minutes to 30 minutes. Strain the oil to remove the cannabis, and then just add the oil to your brownie mix.

edit: Try this link---->http://www.applesoft.com/brownies/index.html

5. AH! i shall do that next time. i always end up screwing up cannabutter.

And pearl- i was reading the glycerin tinc page
    did you ever get a batch to work?

6. Not with the glycerin, I'm afraid. However, I did make a batch with 100 proof Smirnoff, and got six 4oz tinc bottles. It's hot in the mouth, but I mix it with fruit juices from cherry jars, and crushed pineapple cans. It's pretty good that way.

7. Do like Pearl said, but if you don't have time for the full extraction (which can take hours), oil-process it for just 20 or 30 minutes and instead of discarding or saving the herb for later, just don't bother straining it out.

You were about to put it all in as-is, anyway, so you may as well bump up the extraction and decrease the time your edible takes to kick in, while you increase both the length and strength of your buzz :)
    In spit of the process being incomplete, with a brief, heated saturation, your body will continue to draw out some small amount of the oily cannabinoids in the bud, while you're digesting it... without processing your bud properly, your body will generally continue to draw as much as it can, until you're digestion is 'complete' and yes, some potency is lost in the waste. Much less, than if you were just to toss out that soggy bud beforehand though :) This is why the less efficient 'teas' work to some extent, just so long as you consume the herb afterward.

Anyway, if you've got the time to bake some brownies, you've probably got time to do a bit more than just dump some ground up bud in the mix :)

8. THis works really well. Definitely go for the oil