weed in altoids tin???

Discussion in 'General' started by KushSmokaa, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Anyone ever try this? hows it work?

i have to buy in school tomorrow (long story so dont bother posting if your just gonna tell me not to buy in school) and i have this tin of mini altoids thats like half full and seems like it would fit a dime perfectly.

would this help with smell?

2. Yes, it's not airtight but pretty damn close

3. oh ya and my friend said its STANKY so its probably not the best idea to get it in school but its my only option

4. Yea it'll work, but if you wanna be extra safe put the tin in a sandwich baggie with a laundry fabric softener inside it.

5. way ahead of you dude :smoke: im bringing a sandwich bag. lets pray it goes well... jinx.

6. The Altoids smell could help too lol. Wrap the ziplock in a dryer sheet too, that usually helps a lot.

7. As long as you actually fully close a ziplock bag it will be smell proof. Regardless of how dank or smelly anything is, the bag will still be air tight, and it cannot smell outside of the bag if no air is getting out.

8. not true.

ziplocks arent air tight. there close to it, but not quite. they slow down the smell from spreading but they dont full prevent it.

9. Get a mason jar man. You can't smell anything that's in it.

10. let me just bring my mason jar to school to pick up less then a gram.

and i cant even get a mason jar cuz i still live at home. but really it annoys me when you make a thread asking makeshift things to put your weed in to prevent smell and theres always one person who has to say "get a mason jar"

im not trying to be rude but that cant be the answer to everything.

11. Hey man, mason jars can be really small. Plus if you have any stoner friends, you'd probably be able to just borrow one from them.

But if you're looking for something make-shift then yea, use an altoids tin. However, have some altoids inside of it, and I'd put it in a ziplock baggie or two just to be safe. Even if the smell gets out, it'd be minuscule and safe in your pocket or bookbag.

12. thanks dude :D

so tossing a dime in the altoids tin with some mints in it then zipping it in my backpack should be ok? cuz like i said my friend told me this bud is STANKY.

13. I wouldn't worry about it. But if you want to be sure, make sure you pack it at the bottom of your bag under all your shit.

14. it worked alright.

i had it double bagged (mini bags) in the altoids tin, wrapped in a shirt and in the bottom of my bag but whenever i put my nose to my bag it still smelt and if i opened my bag the whole room would REEK. learned my lesson in english, luckily i sit near a window :D

this is some killer bud and will be totally worth the trouble :smoke:

he claims its jack herer but i doubt it is, i dont really give a shit cuz its DANK.

15. Get a jar or somethin.

16. Altoids can is the oldest trick in the book, and is a dead givaway if you're trying to be incogneto. Just sayin

17. how was it?

18. i didnt smoke it yet. i may smoke tonight or wait til the weekend. i gotta get my grades up so im reducing my weekday smoking ya dig?

19. Get a mason jar for when you go to school.

That should keep it nice and smell free.

20. well i dont usually bring weed to school lol.

and mason jars are not an option cuz i still live home with a snooping mind.

pill bottles are good if i can get ahold of one.