Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed has ruined music for me

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Santa, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Last night was my first time really sitting down and listening to music while high(I'm new to this haha). It was amazing. I heard every snare, every lyric, every bass kick. But now that I'm sober(after having the best sleep of my life) I can't enjoy music anymore. It just isn't the same. What have I done?:eek:

2. It'll come back to you don't worry. Eventually if you continue to smoke, music will give you a pseudo high, making you feel the feelings of being high while listening to the music. 311 is really good for this (specifically Amber for me personally), as is TOOL.

3. stay high ? :p

4. Pop in a Tool CD and you'll trip nutsacks. I recommend their song Reflection - it's the best one for being high.

As for things being ruined by smoking, I know what you mean. I still enjoy music just fine, but I can't ever look at a strawberry ice-cream cone from Braums the same ever again...

5. I was listening to this
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWrkPWL-SQk]YouTube - Method Man & Redman "Dis Iz 4 My Smokers" Fan Video - BLACKOUT2 In Stores May 19th[/ame]

I was zonin so hard:smoking:

6. well it's kinda like then your smoke weed and listen to music its like a blow job
    then when your not high,its like jerking off

see what im saying?:bongin::bongin:

7. omg thats perfect lol that sums it up exactly!

8. QFT. Since I started smoking my appreciation of music has changed so much. It started as hearing the music in depth while high. Hearing all the things in the background that I never really listened to before. Now I pick out every part of the music whenever I listen.

Before I smoked my ipod got nearly no use except on long trips. now it travels everywhere with me

9. I didn't know if that existed, but sometimes I listen to Bob Marley and I feel high, I guess it's a pseudo high!

10. Would I actually want to trip nutsacks?

11. Radiohead. Listen to fuckin' Radiohead. But music is only awesome for me high when its either live or really good quality. I have these stereo headphones that the pro's use...and I'll listen to trippy rock or classic rock or even orchestral. like modern orchestral. I swear some composers were on acid. (I'm an orchestra geek. hahahaha)

12. Just rip a bowl before listening to music its not that hard. To me music just sounds amazing while high and when im normal it sounds good so im cool with that haha.

13. Who doesn't like to trip nutsacks?

I like to trip nutsacks AND vaginas.

14. Just get high every time you listen to music lol

15. This.

APC, Tool, Floyd, Radiohead, etc... All great choices to rock out to while high. I find anything with a really heavy guitar is also great. Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins comes to mind for some reason.

But yeah, everything takes on a different flavor, color, sound, etc... when high. Obviously it's your perception that's heightened, but I digress. It's not that they're necessarily better, just that you're picking up on things that you wouldn't normally. I prefer to think of it as different, rather than better. Though I do associate that difference with enjoying something more.

Your mileage may vary.

16. I snorted soda out my nose

17. I've been waiting forever for Blackout! 2. Smoking to that was only appropriate lol

18. Weed has made music so much better for me. Even when I'm not high, I think I still appreciate the music more than before I started smoking. I smoke before I play a whole lot of gigs and it makes it a lot more intense.

19. #20 Jhaos, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2009
    open your minds, not everything you listen to has to be some mainstream kick of what you're supposed to listen to while high. (tool, bob marley, 311, smashing pumpkins, snoop dogg, dre, etc.)...listen to everything and your mind WILL be blown. and i do mean EVERYTHING. From Mozart to Slayer. Im not saying none of those are awesome to jam, but definitely get out there and listen to stuff thats not already being heard.

What do I recommend?

Crowbar-"stoner metal"
    This Will Destroy You-instrumental
    Red Sparrows-instrumental
    Neurosis-Alternative badassness
    Joshua Fit for Battle-Screamo (real screamo, not that crap that grew into its own scene of dudes wearing chick clothes with that fucking hair swoosh covering one eye.)
    Russian Circles-Rock
    The Sword- "stoner metal" black sabbath feel. AWESOME.
    Mogwai- instrumental
    Minus the Bear- rock, indie, badass
    Immortal Technique- rap
    Sleep Terror- Math/Tech Metal (WILL BLOW YOUR MIND...GUARANTEED)
    Cannabis Corpse- death metal....(c'mon...)