Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed has dry smell, question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 14inchbong, Sep 3, 2021.

1. I've been smoking for 3~ years, but haven't had this question answered yet. I usually purchase my weed by the QP, meaning It gets stored in jars until I smoke it all up. It's been about 3 months since my last QP order and i'm down to one jar of weed. I notice after having weed for awhile, even when I use a humidity pack, it starts to lose it's potent smell. My weed currently doesn't smell very much like Hay, but almost smells just kind of "less fresh". Is this normal and is it still okay to smoke? How do I optimize my humidity control to maintain that fresh cure smell? My weed is always kept in jars in a dry dark drawer/box. So i don't believe mold is the issue. I've included two pictures of a sample nug, as it seems to look fresh and fine to me. Thanks. Snapchat-254675210.jpg Snapchat-254675210.jpg Snapchat-1210745630.jpg Snapchat-254675210.jpg Snapchat-1210745630.jpg Snapchat-254675210.jpg Snapchat-1210745630.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 GroBuddy, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    I doubt it's right off the drying rack when you buy it, or just cured. Once weed is taken out of the curing process it begins to break down. Adding humidity once you get it will slow the process down but you'll never get that first potency of terpenes again. The only way to keep weed fresh, is to leave it in its initial curing jar and freeze it after about a month of curing.

Freezing is for long term storage a 4 to 6 month cure in a cool dark place will give you some dank. But distributors don't do that either lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. So freezing weed makes it maintain a stronger thc or terpenoids? I’ve never seen anyone freezing it in person must be rare or forgotten methods .
    Wow op how many blunts or bowls do you smoke a day ? Qp in 3 months seems pretty reasonable but sounds like a lot . Ounce a month is what 1g a day ? Not hard to use more …
    Weed needs rehydration even very dank strains can dry out and become brittle grinding to a dust like form I’ve had this happen but after a lot longer then 3 months .
    You must have it in jars either not filled up enough or too much air getting in . Citrus peels are my fav but bodega packs are better I’d buy those .

4. You ever smoked some weed and been cured for 6 months to a year

5. I smoke 6-10 bowls a day, or an oz~ a month. So i'm pacing not bad. I'm a bit behind on the QP because, I had an oz of another strain called Purple Elephant a few months ago and I was using that the most. How do you use citrus peel to keep your weed fresh? I haven't heard of that method, do you wrap the peels in something specific and place them in the jar? I should try it out and rehydrate my bud.

6. I place them on a small bottle cap or use toothpicks so they don’t stick to the herb . Just don’t leave it in too long , multiple days . Probably a few hours to half a day at max . Per ounce , bodega packs I think keep it at a certain percentage humidity, not sure if they make meters to measure it …

• Like Like x 1