Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed hangover?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ahh420, Jan 23, 2010.

1. I have a feeling there are tons of threads about this but, I smoked a lot yesterday, and this morning I feel somewhat sick. Basically it feels like a hang over you'd get with drinking but like 10times less painfull.

Maybe I'm just burnt out? idk. What happens to you when you smoke more weed then usual? Or is it just me?

2. Yeah that'll happen after a night of toking. One solution is to smoke more lol :smoking:

I'm serious haha.

3. Haha. Yeah that helps with everything!

4. If you have just started smoking, it's probably going to go away the next few times you smoke. If you haven't, no idea what to tell you.

5. I have been smoking for a on a regular basis for at least few months?

6. I only get groggy in the morning. I can't compare it to an acutally hangover though with alcohol. Takes me like 30 minutes to get over it.

7. I only feel a little dazed after a night of toking.
    A shower and breakfast clears it right up.

8. I just got my first bong (RooR Little Sister) and I can tell you the hangover is DEFINITELY smoking related. I've used the volcano as my primary device and with that I have never once gotten a hangover, even when I've really over-indulged. But first night I got the bong, did like 4 bowls out of it and had a killer headache the rest of the night and the next day that more pot did *not* help.

So the moral of this story is, if you want to use alot of pot but don't want the hangover, buy a decent vape.

9. I get a bit groggy sometimes when I wake up, but usually I'm fine. Nothing like alcohol hangovers though... I get those kinda bad sometimes (probably because I don't drink very often). But with weed, if I'm feeling a bit funky, a hot shower and good breakfast fix me up pretty good. :)

10. Yeah I used to get that all the time when I first started. Kinda feels like you're still coming down. Now food and a shower clears that up instantly for me

11. usually after a night of dragon puffin, im usually just real out of it and still kinda high in the mornings. i feel Great though, like my body is all tingling and relaxed when i get out of bed its pretty nice i must say.

12. My head just feels a little foggy in the morning. Usually a nice cup of coffee fixes it for me.

13. yup, has happened to me too after a loooong day/night of smoking.

14. sometimes I will get a hangover after smoking too much

15. The only weed hangover i get is when the morning does come.. its WAY harder to WAKE UP. lol.

16. Yeah, I've had "weed hangovers" before. Fortunately though they are rare. After a night of getting high (as long as i don't overdo it) I usually feel refreshed and rested the next morning.

The last time I had one was when I went on a major week-long smoking binge with my stoner friend after not having smoked at all for several months. After about the fifth day of heavy smoking, I woke up feeling dizzy and spacey and not wanting to do much of anything except lie around waiting for the feeling to go away. I had also had a few glasses of champagne though, so it could've just been the fact that I was combining weed and alcohol.

Anyway...it is not anywhere near as bad as a drinking hangover, although it can be scary if you're not used to it.

17. I usually just a feel a bit groggy and am sometimes pissy, years ago when I first started I didn't get them, but now I do. Has to have something to do with the amount, and potency. Fuck it, a minor head ache and procrastination on everything important for an hour in the morning is so worth it. I love pot :)

18. I blaze every night to help me sleep and wake up refreshed, never have any issues.

19. I think this is because marijuana tends to interfere with slow wave sleep and REM sleep. Which means the effects upon waking are going to be a very minor version of what it feels like waking up from a benzo. You'll be groggy and feel sort of like your thinking through a cloud for a short period. If you sleep in longer than normal you'll get the extra REM and SWS and probably won't feel the grogginess.

20. Like cat man said man it messes with your sleep a little bit, nothing to worry about. When i toke on school nights i usually have a hard time payingf attention like 1st period but then i get better(thats when i acctually make it to school lol)