Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed: Hallucinogen or not?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Skyscraper, Mar 5, 2012.

1. I believe that marijuana is NOT a hallucinogen for many reasons.

To hallucinate means that you perceive something that's not there.

I've never experienced this, and i've been smoking for nearly 3 years now. Nor have any of my friends.

It distorts your senses, but that's not a hallucination. Alcohol distorts your senses, but that's not a hallucinogen. So I don't classify this as a hallucinogen.

And people say "it's a mild hallucinogen", well how can it be mild? You either hallucinate, or not - you either see/hear shit that's not there, or you don't.

Care to settle this dispute once and for all, GC? :D

2. anyone who knows anything about weed knows its not a hallucinogen

3. I have never hallucinated. I thought I did a couple times when I was really baked but upon further inspection I was just being dumb. i.e. Thinking that I was hearing engine noises on repeat but there was a car idling outside.

4. i thought someone was standing right beside me .. but it was just my hair... scared the fuck outta me D:

5. It is a mild hallucinogen, but as I'm sure you all know weed doesn't make you trip. It's just a way to classify it.

6. Auditory hallucinations are known to happen. As for actual hallucinations you aren't going to see pink elephants everywhere or anything even close to an actual "trip", but mild peripheral hallucinations have happened to me before.

7. having altered perception is not the same as hallucinating. thats where people get confused i think

8. If youve dropped acid then you know what it really means to hallucinate

9. Thanks for the support guys, showing this to some people who are stubborn as hell that it's a hallucinogen. <3

10. From my experience Ive never even had open-eyed hallucinations from ANY drug, though Ive only done two hits at the most on one trip. All the people saying they saw pink elephants crossing the street dancing to LMFAO off of one tab are full of shit.

So I wouldnt consider it a hallucinogen either

11. [quote name='"Daniel420"']If youve dropped acid then you know what it really means to hallucinate[/quote]

There are different levels of hallucinations... It not like "hallucinating is a full blown acid trip or non existent!"

12. Someone eat a 4gram edible and come back and discuss this

13. Yeah you can hallucinate. Get dank and smoke past your limit. It works but its mostly like geometric figures and slight auditory stuff but it can be more intense.

14. it is a mild hallucinogen according to science. When i was young and i smoked i would get so high that i got vivid CEV's. only happend the first few times i smoked and its never happend since. i was like 14. now im 21 and wish i could get as stupid high as i use to.

15. If it if... then Im getting ripped off !

16. Ive seen the sky split open and the seam erupt with technicolor geometric web like forms...off of one tab. maybe you just need more potent paper

17. Idk man. Hallucinations have very different meanings. Just because you don't see a clown with scary teeth doesn't mean you didn't hallucinate. Did you have profound thoughts about how the government is controlling and abusing it's people? If so that is a hallucination. Anything that makes you realize something you wouldn't of done sober

18. [quote name='"Daniel420"']
    Ive seen the sky split open and the seam erupt with technicolor geometric web like forms...off of one tab. maybe you just need more potent paper[/quote]

My 3rd eye was busted wide open on two. Got it from my college friends in advanced chem class. Most potent I've ever had.

And to the OP, everything affects everyone differently. Anything is possible.

19. Some schizophrenics become worse from marijuana, the voices in their heads become louder, or they might even hear more voices and so on and so forth. But for most people suffering from schizophrenia, marijuana helps them deal with it better. So it's really up to each and every person.

I can too truly admit that I've never "seen pink elephants", but I have however seen things like a movie inside my mind. Once, I sort of imagined that my friend and my cousin were sitting right next to me. I was alone! I KNEW they weren't there, but I still sort of liked THINKING they were. If you know what I mean :)

So, I would say that it is a mild hallucinogen. But that's just my two cents on that!

- Serenity