weed gives you a higher chance of testicular cancer?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ganjfarmer7, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Study Links Marijuana Use to Testicular Cancer
    this article talks about smoking weed being linked to men getting testicular caner. now I dont know i agree with it considering i love wed and smoke it everyday but i wanted to get others opinions on it

2. The whole article sounds like anti propaganda bullshit to me... Either way I already had all the kids I want so bring on the ball cancer becasue this guy is not going to stop hangin out with marry.

3. Dude, this has been covered several times at GC!

First off, testicular cancer is rare! During your whole lifespan, you only have about a 1 in 250 chance of getting it! Breast cancer, as a comparison, strikes 1 in 8 women! :eek:

Secondly, this was a "self-reported" study. And they are notoriously inaccurate! There are already "rebuttals" to this study showing up.

And logically, do you really think a safe, never-fatal, herbal medicine that slows/stops the growth and spread of prostate cancer, bladder cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, cervical cancer, gliomas, astrocytomas, melanomas, liver cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer and more, would be the cause of one particular type of cancer?

This study belongs with the one where they suffocated monkeys to "prove" that cannabis kills brain cells. :cool:

Granny

4. Congrats you are the 100th thread on this subject!

5. If they had one proof of evidence they would have been paroding it throgh the media.Nowadays you can pay any scientist/researcher to say exactly what u want.If you havent spent 50 years learning thier science, how can you refute it?

Trust in the great creator who has created this planet and you, who has Already told you he gave it to you for your needs and it is good.Genesis 1:29

6. :rolleyes: I'd rather have testicular cancer

7. Haha oh I thought it was bull shit the whole time I just wanted to hear at from others since my dad was just using that as a reason for me to not smoke weed a lot

8. And sorry I didn't know there were other post on it. Didn't look around

9. FOR FUCKS SAKE, Read that article again and read to me how the experiment was performed? Can't.

Read me anything about the "experiment". Can't.

This article has no evidence all it states is that it may be linked to it...

Whenever people hear anything like this they go haywire and freak out about it even though there's no solid evidence. ;)

10. That is true. However, with the mountain of actual evidence (as brought forth by Granny, thank you again for your unending insight) pointing out the recent discoveries and benefits of cannabis, seems to me the fastest way to get laughed straight out of your profession is to try and make a claim like this that is unsubstantiated.

I don't know why "professionals" choose to subject themselves to that kind of horror. What the MMJ/NORML community should do is take it a step further and sue them, and/or initiate the process to have their license revoked. If a doctor were to come forth on damn near any other topic only to cause mass hysteria, that would likely be the action taken, so why not with cannabis?

Or perhaps we simply fight fire with fire. Perhaps we should fire back by creating a study claiming that excessive exposure to politicians causes brain damage.

On second thought...that one might actually be true... :smoke:

11. Yes we know. Weed gives men boobs , and conversely shrinks womans breasts; and it also shrinks mens penises. Itll shrink a lot of things, including your sperm count and your brain! Hmm what else can we shrink, meh enough of the shrinking stuff; theyll catch on to our bullshit. Marijuana will also dirty your white sneakers, and make your sports car look less cool. Whatever you dont want marijuana to do, we will find a way for it to do that for you! Just stay tuned !
    But first heres a word from our sponsors....

12. Cancer is a part of our DNA. I read somewhere that Cannabis, in particular the combination of THC and cannabinoids help reduce that DNA segment from activating. So this "study" not even the slightest bit of sense. Contradicting and shit.

13. This was at the newspaper a few days ago in the Netherlands. Didn't read the article though just the header.