Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed give you anxiety sometimes? edibles a bit diff?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dubweiser, Jul 12, 2011.

1. sometimes weed tends to give me a bit of anxiety while high, depending on the situation. sometimes i can be introverted and self conscious when normally im pretty extroverted and confident.

im trying to find a way to eliminate this feeling when high. i know one way is to try and be the best person i can be and just be honest with myself and accept my life. but obviously thats not an easy task always.

another thing i found was that edibles tend not to give me this anxiety quite as bad, is this true for others as well? i think it may have something to do with how it takes like an hour for it to kick in so im not really as anxious at that point. also maybe the fact that it kicks in slower and doesn't just hit you all at once as if you ripped a few big bong hits. also, the fact that it doesn't give me a big head high also makes me a little more at ease i think.

so what do you guys think? and is there any tips you guys may have to reducing anxiety, negative thoughts, or whatever you want to call it when high?

2. So far i've no negative effects from MJ so that why i keep toking my short experience with it (year and months)

3. iv been smoking on and off for about 4 years. its always gave me a bit of anxiety when high. i know a lot of others experience this as well and some dont. it seems the more often i smoke the less anxiety i get because im sort of used to it.

4. I'm not sure if you're referring to is as a "side-effect" or not. But I don't think it is.
    More so, it is something that will come with weed. Depending on your tolerance level, how long you have been smoking, what (strain) your smoking, your environment (is it comfortable or not), and most importantly the amount.

IMO. certain strains when smoked in larger amounts than you are used to may cause this Anxiety you are talking about.
    It is also a possibility that you are not used to the "type of high" (or in other words the intensity of the high) which may cause some paranoia or anxiety.

^^Not sure if that answers your question or if I misunderstood it.
    :smoke::)

5. yeah i undertand this as well. to be honest it usually happens with any strain, but id have to say more so with sativa because one time my friend got a for sure known sativa strand and it made both of us a little antsy with our hearts racing and that slight edgy anxiety feeling.

the amount smoked plays a huge factor as well as tolerance. like i said the more often i smoke the less it happens. and im a pretty light smoker now. i used to be a big smoker but not as much these days. but i would like to be able to toke with the rest as i please without this anxiety. as it is now i feel like i have to "practice smoking" so to speak in order to reduce anxiety. what i mean by this is i have to buy more weed and smoke on my own almost everyday for this to go away. when i would like to be able to just smoke here and there with friends with no anxiety.

6. bump. anyone else have an opinion?

7. I used to get anxiety from blazing before I started to build a tolerance. The high from edibles is much more relaxing and anxiety free! IME atleast