Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Gave Me A Serious Fever?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sirdickbutt, May 25, 2014.

1. So my friend gave me a few pinches of his weed for me to smoke. Later that night I smoked a a little so I could fall asleep. The high was great so the next day I smoked with my friend from a bong that I made. This time it was even better because bongs somehow give me a different high. The high lasted for about 1.5-2 hours.. Like regular weed. So after we finished all of the weed everyone went back to his home, and I, like always, went to sleepV (it was the middle of the day) I woke up after a few hours with a really high heart rate, overall bad feeling and a very high body temperature, basically a fever. It only increased with the time. Now I'm in the third day of it and I feel a lot better (mainly because of all the medicine I took) my parents don't know about my smoking habits so my mom said it is because of stress, which could be the reason because I had a VERY, VERY, VERY important test the day before. (or the same day I smoked before sleep. My dad says it is because I sleep with a fan in my face which could be the issue
    What do you think?

sirdickbutt...trolling with an avatar nickname like that?...perhaps...

3 days later you still feel the effects....it was not weed...see a dr about the synthetics you smoked...it was not marijuana that fucked your heart rate for 3 days...pot can't do that.

...or were you just trolling with propaganda stories?? we have seen this theme before ya know...

3. Sounds like synthetic...government tryed getting you with population controll.

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. weed didnt give you the fever. /thread

5. if you say so..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

6. He and others said it, because it can't and doesn't. Your heart rate slightly elevates when your actually high. Sometimes raises body temps.... When your high, not a day or three later lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

7. You should never make a bong. Homemade bongs are never worth it. Maybe you maybe you smoked some of the homemade bong on accident

8. dude this bong is actually good, it's a metal bottle with a glass test tube, so no hazardous fumes or anything like that

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

9. Like the other guy said, weed DOES NOT cause fevers. You either smoked synthetic/laced weed, are allergic to weed, or you are just a lying, attention seeking troll. If this REALLY did happen to you,  then go see a doctor. Yes, you will have to tell your parents, but how are we supposed to help you?  Looking at your profile, you clearly enjoy making useless threads.

And as for your name, really?

10. #10 *guest, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014

You smoked with a friend. 

I'm not knocking the idea, but you did share germs with someone else. You probably caught a minor cold through your friend. Some people are more susceptible than others, him not feeling sick doesn't mean you couldn't have caught something through him. Someone he shared a drink with, someone who coughed in his general vicinity, who knows. 

I had a friend I used to smoke with on a weekly basis, and she would smoke with other people pretty much every day of the week. We'd share pipes, bongs, drinks, whatever. She didn't get sick often, probably had a better immune system from all the germs she was exchanging. But for the few years I was smoking with her, I would get a nasty cold (like fever, lethargic, put me down in bed for a few days) at least three or four times a year.

Stopped hanging out with her a few years ago, and I don't really smoke with other people that often anymore. Since we stopped hanging out, I get sick maybe once every two or three years, maximum. 

Your fever wasn't caused by weed. It was probably caused by sharing germs and catching a virus. 

11. I know this thread is old, but I'm pretty sure taking a bad bong rip gave me a fever. About four days ago before bed I went to take a bong hit and it hit me pretty hard, harder than usual. I was coughing pretty bad for a while and my lungs hurt soooooo bad.
    I woke up the next morning actually super relaxed. You know that feeling when you wake up in bed and it's like so perfect you don't want to move? But later on in the day I found that relaxed light feeling was turning into body aches and I started to get a cough, by the end of the day I had a fever of 102.3 that I'm just now getting over about four days later.
    I felt fine before I took the bong hit, I didn't eat anything sketchy, and no one around me was or had recently been sick. I really think that the stress put on my body from the bong hit caused the fever, and maybe even the stress of the high on my brain was a factor too; every time I took a hit while I was sick my fever would get higher. I didn't really think about it the first or second day, but yesterday I tested it out and I was right, my fever got higher by like a degree and a half. The body aches weren't bad, but the uncontrollable shaking/chills got worse as well, and no it didn't feel like anxiety, it felt like I was sick.
    The weed I got was from a local dispensary, so I doubt that it was synthetic.
    If it wasn't the stress the only other thing I could think of is bacteria in the bong.
    But I doubt that too because it's only a month old bong and the water is changed regularly.

I'm not on here to troll, I love cannabis and always will.
    I'm not even really saying that the weed is what got me sick but rather the stress on my body from the brutal bong hit I took.

I'm going to hit the bong a little lighter now instead of trying to show off ;) haha

12. I got 1.6g yesterday from a different source. I smoked one cone and though i can taste fertilizer. It sizzled a bit while burning it. Could i actually be smoking hot metal particles made from fertilizer. I have a sore throat and fever