Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Fixes All My Sleeping Issues. Is This Common?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dmart, Jul 7, 2014.

1. My entire life I would scream, talk, and some times sleep walk when I sleep. I took medicine for it, but nothing worked 100%. I wouldnt do it every night, but it was very common. Sometimes for days on end. Anyway I started smoking last april daily and i sleep silent and still in bed. I can leave my ipad next to me without it being thrown off the bed. Now I wasn't sure if tthis was just in my mind. I went home last june for about 10 days. I only smoked once on the 2nd day. Anyway every time I woke up my sheets were ripped off the bed, my blanket was on the floor, and my matress comforter would be almost off the bed. Id have to adjust that every 3 nights.  Anyway I get back to my home and ive been smoking daily. Now I sleep silent on my bed without anything being thrown and im getting better quality sleep.

Is this common or will this be a break through study in the future. 

2. Yeah, it is known to treat sleep issues. Glad it helped you :)

3. Yeah that is a common reaction to weed, good sleep. I'm happy for you finding something that works for you. But I would suggest finding Dr/therapist to work out the sleep issues. Not one that wants to medicate but someone who wants to help you work through it. 

4. #4 YoshiBMFP, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    The majority of cannabis users report a decrease in sleep onset latency -- the amount of time it takes to fall asleep - and an increase in the restfulness of the sleep itself. 

However, studies show that marijuana has an impact on the different stages of the sleep cycle; namely, slow-wave sleep and REM sleep.

Studies have found that ingestion of THC - the psychoactive effect in marijuana - leads to an increase in slow-wave sleep, and a decrease in REM sleep. Since we dream most during the REM stage, this means marijuana reduces the amount and intensity of the dreams you have.

Upon cessation of THC intake, the brain will spend more time in REM sleep, which can cause overly-vivid dreaming. Increases in REM sleep has been linked to depression & symptoms of bipolar disorder.

Taking everything into consideration, it seems rather conclusive that bedtime marijuana use does in fact disrupt one's sleep.
    Source

IMO if you have trouble falling asleep, cannabis is a great help. Restlessness is more disruptive to your sleep than the absence of dreams, so I wouldn't worry about the adverse affects. However, if you can fall asleep without it, you'll (technically) sleep better.
    I don't have trouble sleeping, but if I did then cannabis would be my drug of choice for sure.

5. for me I think it disrupts in a positive way. Because I swear that I am compltely motionless if I smoke before I sleep or I smoke all day. I dont smoke a ton though. I smoke around 2grams  for 5-7 days. So maybe less weed=better sleep?

6. Yes it's normal I have night terrors sometimes and I have lots of trouble getting to sleep but when I smoke late at night I can sleep and I sleep silently and wake up refreshed :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

7. Weed always made me feel groggy in the morning. Granted at college I'd sleep 5-6 hours a night but if I didn't smoke for a day I'd wake up much more refreshed.
    It helped me fall asleep a lot faster though. Used to toss and turn for sometimes hours.

8. its completely normal. it helps me out alot with not being able to sleep. pretty much every night i have trouble falling asleep even if im extremely tired, but weed makes me fall asleep within 15 minutes of laying down. 

9. Same thing happens to me , I have so much trouble with falling asleep till I smoke some then I can easily sleep

Stay Lifted~

10. glad im not the only one who feels this way.  :smoke:

11. You definitely aren't the only one trust me haha

Stay Lifted~