Weed: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by claygooding, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Weed: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports
    Premieres on CNN Sunday, August 11 at 8 pm ET

Once considered a more underground activity, marijuana has become increasingly popular over the years, resulting in legalization to grow, sell and smoke it in states like Colorado and Washington. Cannabis has become one of the most controversial topics in America, but just decades ago it was a legitimate medication on U.S. formulary. No matter the circumstance, the debate over marijuana still exists and one question remains the same. Is marijuana bad for you or, could it actually be good for you?
    In “Weed” – a one hour documentary premiering on Sunday, August 11th at 8 pm ET – CNN's chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta spends nearly a year traveling the globe to shed light on the debate.
    While it is part of a lifestyle for some, it is a lifeline for others including five-year-old Charlotte Figi. Charlotte suffers from a rare condition called Dravet's syndrome, making her prone to up to 300 seizures per week. Like many people who use marijuana for medicinal purposes, parents Paige and Matt Figi tried every other option before resorting to this type of prescription. Sanjay follows their journey.
    Sanjay takes you to Colorado where weed dispensaries and pot cafes have become the norm. Dealers, doctors, users – Gupta meets with various people, like the Figis, offering a raw insight to what's been dubbed “The Green Rush.” He also talks to experts about whether marijuana can be addictive-and whether it can contribute to long-term damage in the brain.
    Sanjay's final stops are in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem where he meets with some of the pioneers behind marijuana study, offering access to decades of innovative and cutting-edge research.
    Weed: Sanjay Gupta Reports will replay Sunday, August 11th at 11:00 pm ET and Monday, August 12th at 2:00 am ET.

2. I looked on my DVR's channel guide but this show is nowhere to be found. Anyone else have this similar issue?

I went ahead and recorded the time slot this documentary is supposed to air hoping its just a listing error on my cable providers end.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Hopefully it will be an unbiased story, but with CNN who knows?

It would be great for a network to cover the history of cannabis and its medical uses, and then how it became demonized and made illegal(over the medical communities objections )!

4. I really want to watch this. I doubt I'll get it on my tv, hopefully ill be able to find it online

5. You're kidding, right? Tell us you're kidding. "Communist News Network." All things liberal progressive.
    Gupta will plant the seed that it is relatively safe, still needs more study. the drug war is really a good thing, and that government and corporations will be the obvious choice to present the world's safest pharmaceutical drugs from. You watch. I don't even have to watch this shit to know what's coming.

CNN also has a "special" about treatment centers being corrupt in CA. Paving the way for Federal control of treatment centers (a.k.a. indoctrination camps.)

CNN/Fox and all the media is corrupt propaganda horseshit. Best to ignore 99.9% of it, save for seeing what spin they are trying to put on things.

6. I realize CNN has about a zero chance of being unbiased, after all they were in Iraq and knew Saddam Hussein was raping, torturing, and murdering his own citizens and said NOTHING.
    I was hoping that, just this one time, they could be a news organization instead of a propaganda outfit.

7. Don't hang your hopes on near zero chance anything. Sounds like a recipe for disappointment to me.

8. You might want to check your sarcasm detector, it seems to be broken.

9. #9 claygooding, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
    I don't know they had a real positive "Inside Man" on medical dispensaries and growers a few weeks back,,I was impressed that CNN did a positive outlook on it myself.

10. You need people to accept it as medicine for future plans. Seems it worked. :ey:

11. When Big Pharma and Big Corporate, desperate for profits, decide to get into cannabis, medical or recreational, then we will get PLENTY of stories and articles on how beneficial to us it is!

In fact we will be told what a "miracle drug" it is, with new discoveries and uses being "discovered almost daily".

12. If they do.  With the introduction of Marinol and Sativex, I'm afraid they may start trying to sell extracts in pill form and such and overprice them from hell like with every other natural drug on the market.  I have no trust for big pharma nor the FDA.

13. Nor do I.

14. Lots of people bash CNN nowadays. I remember back in the nineties when they were a real news channel. Too much flare now.

15. floating,,I just can't believe you sometimes,,if anything makes me frustrated it is sore losers and winners that don't know when they won.

16. Now NBC has it's own MMJ story and by morning every mainstream media will be telling one,,that is what Guptka and CNN accomplished so far and tomorrow night Piers Morgan has a marijuana legalization show on CNN at 9:00 pm eastern,,no,,I don't believe anything CNN tells me but it sure is kicking up some dust.

17. Yeah its blowing up. Between this, Holder's comments on the war on drugs, Gil getting reassigned, something big is coming.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/health/gupta-changed-mind-marijuana/index.html

"Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive. Reading these papers five years ago, it was hard to make a case for medicinal marijuana. I even wrote about this in a TIME magazine article, back in 2009, titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot."
    Well, I am here to apologize."
    \n"We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that.
    \nI hope this article and upcoming documentary will help set the record straight."
    \n"Most frightening to me is that someone dies in the United States every 19 minutes from a prescription drug overdose, mostly accidental. Every 19 minutes. It is a horrifying statistic. As much as I searched, I could not find a documented case of death from marijuana overdose."
    \n\ni think this is going to be a good documentary.