Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed decarbing question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Cokebong, Jun 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. So I plan on making weed brownies when I get the money to do that. I looked up videos on making cannabutter and decarbing. What I was wondering was when I got the weed in the oven do I have to prevent the thc vapors from escaping by sealing it some way or just throw It on a tray and heat it. They didn’t seal it in any way in the videos but I just wanted to make sure so I don’t screw it up and waste the weed and my time.

2. It's easier and much more potent to make those brownies without first making cannabutter.
    (1) Decarb the herb @ 240 F for 40 min with a verifying thermometer. Some people use baking bags to help control smell.
    (2) Grind to fine powder using a coffee grinder.
    (3) Add some lecithin to the recipe oil, cook on very low heat until it dissolves, then blend the herb into the oil.
    (4) Mix the herb/oil/lecithin mixture into the brownie recipe, and bake with as little time/heat as possible.
    Each gram of good 15% thc herb used will supply about 150 mg thc to the finished product.
    For example, to make 16 brownies of 50 mg thc each, then you'd need 800 mg thc total, which could come from 800/150 = 5.3 grams herb.
    Whole herb does bother some peoples' stomachs, but you won't taste much herb.

To convince yourself that whole herb recipes are very potent, and risk little, you could add about 1 gram decarbed herb powder to about 25 grams nut butter, along with some lecithin. Then bake at 220 F for 20 min, freeze, thaw, spread onto crackers, and eat. CAREFUL, 1 g herb will be 150 mg thc, so eat only a fraction of the spread. Even 10 mg might medicate a new edible user. This is a modified version of BrassNwood's excellent recipe. I did exactly this last night to test some new herb, and will be soon baking some of the rest into a homemade cookie recipe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bkarnaze is right and his methods are proven. I do not like edibles made that way. I prefer to extract the goodies into butter/coconut oil or alcohol. Decarb is essential and covered or uncovered it does not matter. You do lose vapor uncovered, but for extraction you want your herb very dry. The most important thing is to have fun with the process. Oh- you don't need to make a big batch- just a gram will make three-four small doses. Decarb as usual, add to a fat/oil and eat. 0.25 gram may get you high this way. Enjoy!

4. Thank you both for the replies and the answer to my question
    Although the method you said I’d love to do cause it gets more bang for you buck and eating weed doesn’t really bother me cause I used to vape weed and eat the abv with some peanut butter but I’m trying to get a friend of mine high for his first time and he refuses to smoke but he said if I made brownies he’d eat that and I know if I got flower in my brownies he won’t eat it
    But if start making more edibles for myself I’ll definitely do that .

• Friendly Friendly x 1