Weed Dangers?

Discussion in 'General' started by DonaldRay, May 11, 2008.

1. Ive smoked weed a few times but im about to be in college and was wondering, how regularly you can smoke weed before your brain is fried to the extinct that it makes learning and remembering things tough and was also wondering how many of you have "good" jobs, im not attacking anyone but im just making sure I dont ruin my future thanks in advance...

2. Just don't depend on it. As long as you don't need it to be happy you will be fine. Pot doesn't fry your brain, it may slow it down a little bit though. Pot only gives you bad memory if you are on it at the time, but when you are sober it doesn't. Just stay motivated, and if you feel yourself starting to lose motivation take a couple week or a month break from it.

3. Thanks for the quick reply good answer..

4. Weed is as safe or as dangerous as the user chooses to make it

5. Very true.

6. Yep, it's all about responsibility. My GPA this semester was 3.52 and I smoke multiple times a day, every day.

7. Weed doesn't fry your brain. Think of it this way: I've earned a full scholarship to FSU (GPA has been 3.5+ for my entire 4 years of HS) and over the past 3 years, I've earned enough to pay my way through college anyways.

I forgot to mention, I've smoked exotic nugs everyday, multiple times a day since my freshman year.

8. Yea, weed does not, in fact, "fry" your brain. But what it CAN do is make you lazy. Just be responsible, and you will be fine.

9. marijuana doesn't fry brain cells. If you are taking in butane each hit, than that is another story. Lsd, shrooms, dmt, and marijuana: my anti-drugs.

10. yeah, studies have shown that marijuana actually causes neurons to GROW in the hippocampus region of the brain,
    as for my job I've got an interview at Mcdonald's tomorrow lol
    but I'm still in highschool, and I won homecomming and class president in a class of around 450, I've only got 1 F ever on my report card in German 2, and in my free time, I'm studying biochemistry, and taking 3 AP classes my senior year.

11. weed doesnt "fry" your brain so to speak

what it does do however, being fat soluble, is build up on your cerebral cortex. since the outside layer of your brain is really fatty, and THC is fat soluble, the more weed you smoke, the more it builds up on ur cerebral cortex, making it more difficult for your synapses to fire to one another because they have to go through more shit than before.. this varies greatly from person to person though, and this is why some potheads are scholars, and others just turn into burnouts and talk slower n all that shit, even though i sometimes think burnout potheads put on an act because they think smoking weed makes them cool, although i have to admit, i've definitely met burnouts that werent faking it, but they were always kinda dumb, even in elementary school haha, n u know most of us we're fuckin A students 1st through 5th grade, i know i was at least until i got to middle/high school n didnt care as much since the cool kid syndrome kicked in

"duuuude..... uhhh.... wait..... what was i gonna say?"