Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Cures Cancer

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LMA, Feb 11, 2012.

1. So read a couple of these :
    Medical cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know, I know. Wiki sites aren't reliable but I heard the same thing on TV. So, is it true? Does it? Or are all these scientist just lying? And if so then why isn't anyone making a big fuckin' deal out of it?

Apparently weed causes Autophagy which means that cancer cells start eating themselves.
    Autophagy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkABfFpewE[/ame]

False or True?

500th post wooooooooooooo!

2. True :D. Cannabis 101.

Not "curing" it though

3. Sure as fuck didn't work for me. :/

4. No it doesn't cure it persay. It does indeed help and has cured in some cases. But for the time being its just an anti-cancer aid.

5. No, if you think weed cured cancer you are just as bad as the people who think it causes it.

6. THC has been found to STUNT cancerous growths, so to speak, it makes the cancer cells commit suicide, so i doesn't CURE it, but it does kill the tumours.

7. #7 LMA, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012

Works for me.

8. Cannabis has been used for a number of cancers. One that sticks out most to me are skin cancers, and yes... people have cured themselves of cancer using cannabis.

However, just smoking weed and sitting around is not going to do anything for you. You have to have cannabis with a high percentage of CBDs and ingest it properly, in large amounts, over a period of time.

Cannabis has so many uses it's ridiculous, but it must be used properly and with the proper strain/phenotype to be the most useful.

Just so ya know, I'm not one of those "weed is harmless" folk, either - but people are alleviating and in some cases curing their ailments using cannabis.

I don't have any sources on hand, but you can look into rick simpson's hemp oil to start with and go from there.

9. I know it genuinely sounds too good to be true, and it does sound like a bunch of stoners trying to defend their drug in any way possible, but it just is true, scientists seem to be pretty amazed, it does seem to reverse cancer growth, smoking isn't good for the lungs, but at least you know you're actually at a lower risk of getting cancer than a non smoker of weed.

10. Joe, and anyone who has doubts, please click that first link in my sig, scroll down to "Cancer" and start reading! Besides autophagy, cannabinoids set off apoptosis (I just love that word) which is the normally programed death of a cell. Cancer cells "forget" that they are supposed to die- cannabinoids "remind" them that they were supposed to be dead long ago!

And here are a few newer studies that the GC List may not have- The first two are very interesting!

Cannabis Science Provides Physician’s Documentation That Confirms Successful Treatment of Skin Cancer (news/ info-mercial – 2011)
    Cannabis Science Provides Physician
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT] Cannabis Oil Shrinks “One Of The Worst” Cancers (news – infomercial – 2012)
    (warning: graphic photos)
    BREAKING NEWS: Cannabis Science, Inc: Cannabis Oil Shrinks

[FONT=&quot]Cannabidiol induces programmed cell death in breast cancer cells by coordinating the crosstalk between apoptosis and autophagy. (abst – 2011) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cannabidiol induces programmed cell death in... [Mol Cancer Ther. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and metastasis. (abst – 2011) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways mediating the effects of ca... [Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

Interaction of endocannabinoid system and steroid hormones in the control of colon cancer cell growth. (abst - 2011) Interaction of endocannabinoid system and ste... [J Cell Physiol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Chemopreventive effect of the non-psychotropic phytocannabinoid cannabidiol on experimental colon cancer. (abst – 2012) Chemopreventive effect of the non-psychotro... [J Mol Med (Berl). 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Antiproliferative mechanism of a cannabinoid agonist by cell cycle arrest in human gastric cancer cells. (abst – 2011) Antiproliferative mechanism of a cannabinoid ... [J Cell Biochem. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Molecular Mechanisms Involved in the Antitumor Activity of Cannabinoids on Gliomas: Role for Oxidative Stress (abst/ click for full PDF – 2011)
    Cancers | Free Full-Text | Molecular Mechanisms Involved in the Antitumor Activity of Cannabinoids on Gliomas: Role for Oxidative Stress

Spontaneous regression of septum pellucidum/forniceal pilocytic astrocytomas-possible role of Cannabis inhalation. (abst – 2011) Spontaneous regression of septum pellucidum... [Childs Nerv Syst. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

A combined preclinical therapy of cannabinoids and temozolomide against glioma.
    [FONT=&quot](abst – 2011) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A combined preclinical therapy of cannabinoi... [Mol Cancer Ther. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

[/FONT] Anti-tumoral action of cannabinoids on hepatocellular carcinoma: role of AMPK-dependent activation of autophagy. (abst – 2011) Anti-tumoral action of cannabinoids on hep... [Cell Death Differ. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, as novel targets for inhibition of non-small cell lung cancer growth and metastasis (full - 2011) Cannabinoid Receptors, CB1 and CB2, as Novel Targets for Inhibition of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Growth and Metastasis

Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1. (abst – 2011) Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and m... [FASEB J. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Increasing Antiproliferative Properties of Endocannabinoids in N1E-115 Neuroblastoma Cells through Inhibition of Their Metabolism. (full – 2011)
    Increasing Antiproliferative Properties of Endocannabinoids in N1E-115 Neuroblastoma Cells through Inhibition of Their Metabolism

Cannabinoids Inhibit Cellular Respiration of Human Oral Cancer Cells (full - 2010)
    http://content.karger.com/produktedb/produkte.asp?DOI=000312686&typ=pdf

Cannabinoids attenuate cancer pain and proliferation in a mouse model.
    (abst - 2011) Cannabinoids attenuate cancer pain and prolife... [Neurosci Lett. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoid Receptor Type 1 (CB1) Activation Inhibits Small GTPase RhoA Activity and Regulates Motility of Prostate Carcinoma Cells. (abst – 2012)
    Cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1) activation i... [Endocrinology. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Now click that first link in my sig, for medical studies on cannabis and cancer dating back several decades! This is not some stoner's wishful thinking- this is real science!

Cannabis slows the growth and spread of many cancers and destroys certain cancers! With more study, we may have the cure! But more research won't happen until we legalize cannabis!

Become an activist! :hello:

Granny :wave:

11. It TREATS cancer, doesn't CURE it. :hello:

12. This x10000

Weed is amazing, don't get me wrong, and has a lot of value health wise.. but to say it cures cancer is a bit.. ignorant.

13. Yeah I agree. It does sound too good to be true.

My bad, it's a treatment not a cure.