Weed + concussions??

Discussion in 'General' started by Sir.TokeAlot, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Hey, i was wondering if it is generally safe to be smoking while you have concussions, yes, plural......

About a month ago i was racing a buddy on my bike (a Schwinn Predator FW) and my chain broke while we were traveling pretty fast. When that happened i went from pedaling hard with resistance, to zero resistance at all, and the force of the pedal being slammed down took me down sideways......nailed my head, shoulder, elbow and right knee on the ground....

Went to the doctors cause i was having symptoms of a concussion (dizziness, nausea, ect) and fell asleep in astronomy class.....

i went in and got checked out, i have a mild concussion....

Fast forward to this past wednesday, i was super faded and was riding my bike, i dont remember what happened, but i ate it and my face got FUCKED up and i may have worsened my concussion (basically doubling the damage on my brain, according to the dr.)

I had an MRI yesterday for the first one, so we'll see how that goes.....

But anyways, back to my question......Is it safe to be smoking buds while i have 2 concussions within a month????

Any info would be nice.......

Thanks!

2. Well, Id say it would be... but there really is no way for anyone here to tell you because you dont know what part of your brain could be damaged, but personally... id smoke.

and theres this thing... hmm... i think its called a helmet :D In most cases i wouldnt say wear one... but you seem to have a problem with falling and hitting your head. :p

3. If anything its the frontal lobe in the right hemisphere of my brain that is damaged.....since BOTH falls were on the right side.....

And yea, i normally dont wear helmets (obbviously lol) but i dont really have a problem, just these 2 times lol.......but im gonna make sure to get a helmet, cause i plan on riding hard, but i dont want any more concussions lmao.......

And a word of advise to those who ride bikes, skateboarsds ect.... wear a helmet (im learning the hard way) cause living day by day with REALLY short term memory isnt much fun at all.......

and ill post a pic of my face when i was in the hospital (i had almsot gotten hit by a cop while i was riding after i fell, pulled me over, breathilized me and took me to he hospital)

I bruised the cheek bone, luckily not broken or even fractured, but bruised the actual bone.....and i blew a .217 on the breathilizer......lol... im lucky he didnt give me a ticket for DUI, or for underage drinking (im 19) cause that woulda SUCKED

EDIT: heres my face.......might not look that bad, but it hurts lol, mary jane and pain pills work wonders though :)

[​IMG]

4. your face IS FUCKED...but the wounds dont look that bad

just messin with ya man...shit looks painful, go do some gravity bong rips man...thatll help ya out...:D

5. That looks brutal. I got a concussion snowboarding and smoked the next day and it was all good.

6. yea, i love smoking, it helps with the pain and such, but it makes my memory worse.......i already live day by day, barely remember yesterday......

But yea, it looks brutal, but my leg hurts more than that, and it doesnt even show any signs of injury what so ever.......but like i said, weed and pain pills work wonders :D