Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Chocolate? Good Recipe?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by NeverCryAgain, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Has anyone tried this recipe, or something close to it?

150 gram bar of chocolate and 3.5 grams of good bud. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, mix in the chocolate, then put into molds.

I have never had edibles before because they are really hard to find where i live, and I don't want to waste my weed on something that won't get me high.

Any tips on making this would be extremely helpful :) thanks

2. First off, you can never just toss bud in something and get high. You must decarboxylate the material first, by placing it in the oven, freezer, or food dehydrator for certain periods of time. Now, freezing is never a good idea, but food dehydrators are, and ovens work well too if you do not have a dehydrator. All you need to do is toss it in the oven 25-30 minutes in a glass dish at 220 degrees Fahrenheit. You can then transfer it into an oil, glycerin, or alcohol tincture. Alcohol based tinctures can actually be reduced, and evaporated off into other mediums for a stronger edible, such as butter, oil, glycerin, even honey.

So there's a variety of methods you can use to make edibles, but all of them will require you to decarb, and transfer into some sort of medium first, before you make your final edible (such as chocolate). You can also use the strained material after an oil, glycerin, or alcohol extraction to mix into chocolate though.

3. I know that I need to heat it to make the THC accessible and to be absorbed into the final product, but all the recipes I find are just like that one, melt the chocolate, grind the bud into a fine powder, mix, and your good. It really doesn't make sense to me which is why i'm asking here.

How would i go about making the chocolate? Would I bake the weed, then do that? Help! I just want to make my first time with edibles really great, and not waste my weed.

4. Check put BKS stickies at the top of the page. Make a concentrated oil and mix that with the chocolate. Good luck enjoy.