Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed cheese- A tale of two cheeses.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Limewillis, Oct 30, 2009.

1. #1 Limewillis, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
    So, while sitting in the stoner circle about 2 weeks ago, 3 of my friends and I became determined to find a way to incorporate marijuana in cheese.
    With a healthy 15 grams we set out on this magical adventure of marry Jane mishaps (we only ended up wasting 5 grams :D)

The whole idea came about when I saw my friend putting canabutter on some toast and we began the discussion with "so we know that THC is fat and alcohol soluble, what is the tastiest damn thing that we can make with a high fat content or alcohol."
    The decision was unanimous: cheese.

With its tangy bite of flavor combined with a chewy yet gooey texture, it is quite possibly the best thing in the world.

A quick check on the internet yielded disheartening evidence, all the videos and guides were poorly made or used bad ingredients, whats worse is half of these we tried made the cheese disgusting.

But ah! an idea that springs out of years of collected bong resin lining our skulls-- Google "cheese making kits!" Well, frankly, we stumbled on the treasure trove of culinary goodness we'd been pursuing for days. We ordered a kit here,
    In the recipe it calls for buttermilk and yogurt followed by a splash of milk (we used a mixture of heavy cream and whole milk to beef up the fat content.) We then added approx 9 grams of some excellent church my friend had recently finished curing, and let it simmer for over 30 minuets while periodically adding water.
    After the concoction looked thoroughly green, we strained out the leaf trimmings, stems and shredded bud. The smell...was...amazing!

Soon after we added the rennin (the catalyst bacteria that causes the dairy products to curdle.) and began following the next steps.

Yesterday our cheese finished and we packaged it to save some for a later date, meanwhile my friend who is a chef at a local restaurant began whipping up a pizza! :eek:

double cheese weed pizza with peperoni, oh lord! so very good!

To say the least, we were an 11 on a scale of 1-10 of highness.:smoke:

____________________________________________________________________________

So its done!
    The cream cheese was an amazing success, and although it does need to sit for a few days, it already tastes amazing.

Instead of the standard generic 'cream' cheese that stems from American ingenuity, we went with a french cheese called "Neufchatel" Which tastes and has the same texture as cream cheese, except one very very important thing: It uses whole milk....Indeed whole milk contains 50% more fat than 2% and skim.

A high fat content is, in case you didn't know, is important while cooking with cannabis, since THC will only bound to fats and alcohol.

We once again followed the same method, but added more than twice the amount of pot than last time, totaling 25 grams- Afghan kush complimented the tangy and smooth texture with a certain rigidity it seemed to be missing...Almost a weakness in taste if you will that was backed by the fresh marijuana.

After bringing the whole milk and heavy cream to a slow boil, we slowly added the well shredded bud to the mixture, this process took about 20 minuets and required us to add 2-3 cups of water during the ordeal in order to keep it from condensing.
    Soon after we turned the heat off and the small green bubbles stopped, there it sat...12 quarts of delicious looking green liquid, steam rolling off its glistening surface...it took mental force not to cut the corner and simply eat the weed stew of milk and kush.

We turned the heat back on low 30 minuets later and strained the mix through a colander.
    The bud had last its skunk smell, along with a clear loss of almost all of its trichinomes- something that pleased us but also granted a smile on all our faces.

Soon we had the fresh cheese sitting in a large metallic copper mixing bowl, floating in hot water...We added the rennant (the catalyst bacteria which causes milk to curdle) and the anti curdling agent (which fights curdling but allows the flavors to remain, and yes: it is organic, don't panic)

While allowing this to sit for some 2 hours, we kept the water hot by heating some on the stove and simply refiling the bowl that the cheese bowl was sitting in.

Soon after the cheese was done, we packaged it into ceramic rubber sealed containers and put them into the fridge to kill off the bacteria which made the cheese.

I opened the cheese today...I took a teaspoon...it was amazing

The cake comes in 1-2 more days my friends! DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!

2. that sounds epic and awesome all rolled up into delicious... I will endeavor to try this for great justice (and much the chagrin of my significant other, who hates cheese for god knows why)

+rep for endeavoring to make the best dairy product ever even better.

3. Very well written +rep.

4. thank you-thank you, I smoked 4 bowls of potent arjans haze before writing this- so many adjectives, adverbs and pronouns swimming in my head it actually made writing this fun.

*editing:derp- wrong strain.*

5. Im making fucking quesadillas

6. Very good stuff. I love writing blazed. The ideas just appear from nowhere and practically shoot down my arm and out onto the paper.

Should be stickied, and if you get pics it MUST be stickied.

So yeah I enjoyed reading that, you seem like a pretty chill person.

One Love

7. You should use that cheese, along with cannabutter, to make grilled cheese sandwhiches.
    Grilled Cheese with cannabutter is the tastiest thing, I can only imagine what it would taste like with weedcheese too.
    And you'd get ripped all to shit, so bonus.

8. A wise man once said to me, "A meal without cheese, is like a beautiful woman with only one eye."

Well done, sir! A wonderful adventure, and a fine read, too.
    I still have a Cheshire grin!

+rep

-mu

9. haha! I owe a lot of people a lot of pictures :D

Whats wrong is
    1-I dont have a camera
    2-The usb ports on my computer are...well...fucked, frankly.

I really wanna take pics of my basement grow op.

10. bumping, for the sake of cheese

11. Bumping again, a few recommendations:

Mac`n cheese
    Grilled cheese
    Chilly cheese dogs

Really the uses of this versatile products is near endless...Use cheese to improve the taste of dishes anyhow you can.

12. *drools* Weed cheese omelette. I am trying this!

Green eggs and ham anyone?

13. haha oh wow! that sounds delicious :D

14. weed+pizza=win:hello:

15. I've heard cheese was always an option. Someone told me that a good thing to do is take one of those microwavable pizzas or oven pizzas, sprinkle on your bud, and then sprinkle cheese on top of that so the thc can absorb into the cheese when it's melting/cooking, then presto. never tried it myself though.

16. I've done that, although I like the taste of marijuana the texture of that is sometimes tiring...Literally eating rope type of thing.
    All things aside, its a good idea if you're kinda new to cooking with marijuana, you really cant go wrong with eating cheese with weed baked into it...assuming you did this slowly to allow the THC to slowly dissolve into the fats of said cheese.

17. I wish I could do a canna-brie. Or Pub style sharp spreadable cheddar!
    mmm...thanks for the idea!!:smoke::smoke:

18. I'm sure they have the kits for both somewhere :)
    The only thing you have to worry about is making sure the THC dissolves into the fats of the milk.

The rennet will not reduce the level of thc in the cheese when it curdles.

19. Please, post some pictures of that cheese!

20. This idea is one of the best things I have seen in a long time.
    I'm GOING to try this. Me and my friend work at a pizza place, this pizza idea is nicenicenice. :smoking: