Weed? ..check.. Bowl?..check.. Philosophy??..huh..

Discussion in 'General' started by SteelTownKid420, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hey man i really appreciate it, i thought i would just get ass holes to comment me back but its badass how i got some good relevant opinions on the topic i posted.

2. Reincarnation has always fascinated me, it's such an interesting concept. I believe it's possible. As it was said, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Our brains operate on electrical impulses. It is my theory that this electrical impulse is the soul, combining the metaphorical heart with the ever-present mind. What happens to this electrical impulse when we die, if energy can be neither created nor destroyed? It makes sense to me that that energy would move on, being transferred somewhere somehow.

But I don't believe in ghosts, or spirits or haunting entities, because if they truly existed there would be many places on this earth that would be uninhabitable for the living. Think about all the battlefields, all over the world, where hundreds upon thousands have been slain in all the wars history has been able to recollect. Think about all the people who have lived unfulfilled lives and died just as they lived. We would be choking on the ghosts of the past with every step we took practically. So in my opinion, that energy passes from this dimension into another, and from there anything is possible, from reincarnation to soul evolution.

Another fun idea is Astral Projection. The concept of projecting your mind, or soul, or spirit into some far-away location, for any multitude of purposes, seeing what you can see. I have heard it said that dreaming, is in fact a form of Astral Projection. I don't know if I believe it, but it's fun to think about, and for a lot of people it does explain most of the things they don't recognize in their dreams, such as people or places. I myself very rarely remember my dreams. My theory is that they are so vivid and in some cases so horrible that my subconscious has a filter to keep the images from my waking mind. I'll awake with lingering thoughts from the dream, and intense emotional sensations left over from whatever was happening before I awoke, but I almost never recall the events themselves. All that lingers when I wake soon dissolves into reality, as if it had never been. Only the memory of those feelings remain.

As for what happens when we die, I have a unique outlook. I believe the mind is a powerful thing, much more power than our weak human wills can conquer. As such, we are slaves to the things we believe to be true. Our beliefs can be so strong, they can bring even us to our knees. So I believe that each and every person is responsible for what happens to them when they die. From heaven to hell to empty black and realms beyond the possibility of dreams, each and every person causes what happens to them in the end, by believing it before they die. A Christian who has upheld their faith will find themselves in the heaven they imagined, surrounded by family and friends. The confused Catholic who knew it was wrong but couldn't stop from molesting children knows he deserves hell, and so he is boiled in a lake of fire for all eternity. The Atheist who has such little imagination as to think nothing happens when we die will find themselves in bleak eternal darkness, and so on.

Each individual sees what they want to see throughout their lives, why would death be any different for such a stubborn creature as a human being?

3. Great point OP.

But, every face you have dreamed, you have seen in real life. Whether you know them, or passed them walking while you were driving years ago. A microsecond of looking at someone can cause them to appear in your dreams.

4. Wow, your statement is a very valid one. So, (correct me if im wrong), your saying that once we have died PHYSICALLY, our mind has tricked us into a "fake after-life" a projection our mind has planted because of what we believe orworshiped?

5. Yeah grasscity surprises me at times too, most of the time pleasantly though :smoke:

Ghosts/spirits/entities definitely do exist, there's no maybe about it. They just can't be seen by the naked eye the vast majority of the time. And very rarely do they make themselves known to humans. The only souls that get stuck here are the ones that are either so strongly attatched via bad/good karma they can't break free from this world or spirits that have a specific purpose whether it be to protect the living or something greater in the scheme of things. I'm not talking about "ghost hunters" version of it either haha, although I'm not saying 100% of them are bs. Definitely some though.

Anyway... haha I too believe that lucid dreaming is a form of astral projection. The problem is that most of the time you don't recognize the "dream plane" you're on and therefore don't think it's part of "reality". Believe it or not I actually believe I astral projected for the first time this morning. I woke up at 9:00 went out to my living room got a drink of water then went back to bed. I've been meditating for several weeks now and trying to focus on getting out of my body, I've gotten close, to that tingly feeling and slight vibrating, but this was the first time I was actually able to get out of my body. I just sat up sideways and could then see even though my eyes were closed. I immediately was like "holy shit, I finally got it?". Just to make sure I put my hand through my dresser (went right through) and then bounded out the window. I was moving in kind of slow motion and it was a "zero gravity" type feeling where I could just jump up and kind of swim through the air. I saw a lizard floating through the air outside my window too. There was also a big black lizard near the wall by my house and as I was about to jump over it hissed at me, but I just hissed back ( I know, it sounds weird haha) and then jumped over the fence.

Normally on the other side of the fence there's a publix plaza but this time it was just a normal looking street with a bunch of houses and some guy was just standing at the end of the street looking down the road but not at me. I jumped up on top of one of the roofs to try to "teleport" to south carolina to see what my friends up there were doing so I just sat down and started to meditate on getting there, but when I closed my eyes all I saw was black and then I woke back up in my body in my room.

I was just like holy shit.... did that really just happen? Lol, but it was an amazing experience and I can't wait to experience it again because I think the more I do it the better I'll be at controlling it.

And yes I totally agree with your last point, each of us creates their own heaven or hell that awaits us when we die. Again, it's called "karma" / the law of attraction etc etc. The universe acts according to very specific laws, some of which we are aware of and some that we aren't lol. The spirit is our most valuable possession, and our most powerful tool to instigate change. :smoke:

6. Sort of. It's more like because we believe it, it actually happens though. Yeah, our minds trick us in all sorts of ways, but one of it's many tricks involves forcing us to decide what is or is not real. In this, how would you ever know your heaven, or hell, or eternal nothingness or existence as a bubble in a bong was ever real or false to begin with?

7. The reason we have dreams is so that our brain can process the information we have gathered that day. Dreams are the brains filing cabinet.