Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed causing acne?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lakerzx24, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Could weed somehow cause acne? Ive had clean skin all my life and just recently I started dabbing everyday(contrary to the weekends) and ive been breaking out like crazy.

I dont take any vitamins or any other medication.

Just want some input or if anyone else has had the same issues.

2. haha I don't think so, I think it's due to the munchies involved in your daily dabbing.

3. I had some acne on my chin from it, but that's because there'd still be smoke in the bong and I'd have my chin plugging the mouthpiece. As long as you you don't hold your skin to the smoke for longer than a couple minutes at a time you'll be good. It's mostly likely from the munchies, bud.

4. Stressing too much. Smoke more.

5. If anything, it wouldn't be the marijuana itself, but rather the actual smoke. Smoking in general can be a source of acne flare ups, and if you're doing it every day there's probably a link.

6. It wouldn't be the weed, it'd be the smoke. The science is still out on whether it causes acne or not.

7. It could be from stress
    Im a health freak lol. I don't eat junk

8. I don't think marijuana itself causes acne, but I know the smoke itself does. I had the same problem until I stopped smoking for a week and only used my friend's vaporizer. Also, weed can cause some peoples heart rate to go up. I'm not sure if this would some how make skin more oily thus causing acne, or..?

9. If it makes you anxious, even in the least that could cause you to break out. It's an anti inflammatory though so other than that it would probably prevent it.

11. Please keep copying her style :p Need more people like this.

12. weed doesn't cause acne, I've been smoking for about 4 years. I had acne when I started, now I barely have any.

13. If anything it removes acne because weed takes away stress thus causing less acne.. Maybe it's your eating habits?

14. It is most likely your diet!

Kitava – An Island Where Acne Does Not Exist Kitava – An Island Where Acne Does Not Exist

You know those "Wild People of ____" Discovery Channel shows? Look at the teens in them! Until the t-shirts (and all the other "civilized delights") start to show up, you will never see a zit on a kid! Now one of the reasons, is that our modern diet is WAY LOW in Omega 3! The "primitive diet" has large amounts of both Omega 3 and vitamin A- both of which fight acne! Our lack of Omega 3 affects both our physical and mental health!

Acne vulgaris, mental health and omega-3 fatty acids: a report of cases Acne vulgaris, mental health and omega-3 fatty acids: a report of cases

Effects of fish oil supplementation on inflammatory acne. (2012) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23206895

How too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3 is making us sick
    [FONT=&quot]How too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3 is making us sick[/FONT]

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011) Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endoca... [Nat Neurosci. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Now that last one is especially interesting. It seems that the same area that controls mood, also controls getting high on pot! :smoking: Getting high is a cannabinoid-mediated neuronal function! ;)

Unfortunately, it takes a while to get the effect! Usually 1 to 2 months. It would be nice if this was a quick fix, but it isn't. The CB receptors that were made defectively because there was no Omega 3 to glue down the G i/o effector protein, have to be replaced with working CB receptors and that takes time- and there are millions of them! Too many defective receptors will lessen your high! :eek:

Fish oil, and flax seed oil are the most common sources of Omega 3. Walmart has fish oil on sale about half the time and carries flax seed oil. You can safely double the recommended dose. The most common side effects are a tendency to bruise, looser bowel movements, and fishy burps with fish oil. The side effects were noted in heart studies that were using up to 6 grams of pure Omega 3 per day, which is a HUGE dose! I never have had any problems taking 2 grams a day. :D

Granny :wave:

15. Thanks granny :hello:

16. Anything is possible OP. I had a close friend that if he touched weed he would get a rash instantly. It got to the point where others would break up his weed for him.

Everyone has a slightly different body chemistry and sometimes very strange reactions occur to people.

Life's weird, isn't it?

17. That's cause he's allergic maybe ?

18. I used to have heaps of acne, just around the time i started toking daily. I just got an oil free acne wash made by Neutrogena or some shit like that, worked and fixed all my shit up.