Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed caramel??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HappyGoghLucky, Mar 13, 2010.

1. So my roommate has a big bag of caramel pieces. We were thinking of melting them to use as apple dip, but I wonder if this could be cooked with mj...? Any ideas?

2. i have no useful input, but it sounds absolutely heavenly.

3. Yes, however, you will need to cook the weed in fat (butter, lard, vegetable oil, peanut butter) first, and then mix it with the caramel... 1 piece of caramel has 40 calories, but doesn't have any fat, so it can't absorb THC molecules or any other cannabinoids.

Or you could just follow this recipe after you make cannabutter...

2 c. brown sugar
    1/2 c. butter (cannabutter)
    1 c. Karo syrup
    2 tbsp. water

Bring to a boil; add 1 cup sweetened condensed milk and boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly; remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Dip apple slices into caramel.

4. There should be enough fat content in the caramels. When you melt it down let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Try to keep it from boiling, just as low as you can get it. Love to know how it turns out, we were just talking about a caramel recipe over in the Test Kitchen.

5. Aw, I was really hoping that fat was in the caramels; that was my biggest concern since that is what makes food cookable, haha. Thanks so much! :)

That recipe sounds just AWESOME though, haha, especially with the brown sugar AND the butter together??? OOOHHHHH GODDDD I AM JIZZING IN MY PJS RIGHT NOW THAT JUST SOUNDS SO GODDAMNED GOOOOOODDDD!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

that's probably because I'm high as fuck right now... hahahaha :D
    (I'd add an emoticon, but i'm too high right now, and I won't be able to remember to go back after you make it to the emoticon screen; I'll be stuck there FOREVER!!! D:)