Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Brownies Procedure

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by xbaloox, Jun 29, 2020.

1. #21 xbaloox, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Thank you guys again for your recommendations and help!
    Today I'll make Canna Coconut Oil.

I'm gonna make it like that:
    Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes (weed in the oven uncovered)
    Grind to dust.
    5 grams decarbed bud dust - I'll use 10g of weed buds (Do I need to infuse with the oil longer with normal weed?)
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil (any cooking oil works) - I'll use the amount the recipe calls for (100ml)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (strength enhancer)
    Heat 220 F for 40 minutes

Two more questions:

Isn't:
    • infuse 10g weed with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
    • blend with oil to reach the amount the recipe calls for
    the same like:

• infuse 10g weed with 100ml coconut oil
    • that's the amount the recipe calls for
    • and use
    ?
    And after mixing everything together, my brownies go in the oven for like another 40-60minutes on 120°C. That could degrade the THC or not?

I hope I'll make it right :D

2. Use the same infusion method.
    Infusion time doesn't depend on amount of herb, as long as enough oil is used.

Yes, 40-60 min will degrade thc, but not enough to worry too much about.
    My wild guess is that 10% gets destroyed.
    Decarb in oil is much longer than decarb in air, so the oil "protects" the herb to some extent.
    When I make brownies, I make them very thin, and bake for only 10-15 min, but I have little evidence that it helps.

Ideally we'd decarb a bit less in air, then allow the baking process to finish the decarb, but that might be difficult to figure out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 5 gram to each tablespoon of oil. What you see me picture is a triple sized batch.
    15 grams of Hash
    3 tablespoon of Coconut oil
    1.5 teaspoons Lecithin.

While you can just infuse the cannabis in the full brownie amount of oil you can skip the lecithin as it won't do it's "thing" in that much oil IME.
    I've been using this recipe of BadKats for years and have had lots of time and I've played with making it a dozen ways or more and always cycle back to the original way as it just kicks ASS !!!

Make the small high potency batch first as that is where the Lecithin gets the best incorporation. It'll quite literally blow your mind with it's strength.

[​IMG]

I'm up around 40,000 capsules made and consumed. Yes that is.
    Forty thousand Capsules.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I'm now decarbing the weed.

I'll report back when I ate some of the brownie tomorrow. (just a little bit at start :D)

5. Hello guys,

So I made some Brownies with the infused coconut oil follwing BNW's recipe.

I gave 2 of my friends pieces to try (a piece of brownie was like 7-9g)
    One of them was spaced out after 2 hours and came back alive after another 2 and was still fucked up :D.
    The other one was able to handle it and didn't fall asleep but was also fucked up. :D

Thank you very much guys, the recipe was a success!

I really appreciated your help. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Came back alive after 2 hours! LMAO. Nice to have friends to "guinie pig" with.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Another update:

2 friends of mine which smoke almost daily ate a 20g brownie piece each.
    Both felt just a little bit.

So I guess their tolerance is too high.

Another friend of mine will test a 16g piece. (he smokes 2-3 times a month)

I'm excited of what he'll report :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. To estimate how much thc was in those brownie pieces, you will need to know how much herb (and in what form) was used to make what weight of brownies.
    And whether you strained out the herb.

9. Yeah I don't know the exact thc amount of the herb.. :/
    I only know that I used 10g of weed buds grinded to dust and left it in the mix. (no strain)

10. Most weed has the same ballpark of potency, 15-20%, regardless of claims.
    Potency can be estimated from amount of herb used and the final weight of the brownies.
    After you know this you can dose more accurately in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  11. My very rough ballpark for edibles, is the amount of herb my friends and I would smoke over the course of a "session." So for example if we would smoke a quarter ounce a night when we are hanging out, then I would use a quarter as my starting baseline for a batch of edibles to share with these friends. If I am preparing a batch for strangers then my safety cutoff is 0.25g of herb per edible (which works out to roughly an eighth-ounce for a pan of brownies). That is potentially 25mg or so of THC, the biggest dose I would be comfortable giving someone I haven't toked with before! If I have personally with my own eyes seen a friend smoke 1 gram or more, and not fall asleep or turn into an asshole, only then am I comfortable serving that friend a higher dose edible.

• Like Like x 2