Weed + Biaxin (antibiotic)

Discussion in 'General' started by cutlery, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I'm prescribed on Biaxin XL (500mg clarithromycin) for a sinus infection. Taking 2 after dinner every day for the next 2 weeks...
    The stuff makes me feel like garbage. I feel sick as balls and can't sleep for my life.

I smoked one night while on it.. nausea instantly went away and I got a good nights sleep

Anyway does anyone happen to know if it's okay to smoke on this stuff?
    There seems to be too many conflicting arguments with the whole immune system theory.

2. #2 KeinMitleid, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    Smoking is fine when on anti-biotics.

Smoking cigs definitely lowers your immune system, but since the cannabanoids effect your immune system in a neutral/positive way I don't see how it could hurt.

3. I've heard that while the cannabanoids do not effect the immune system, the smoke does.
    Any truth with this? vaporizing/cooking isn't really an option

4. Smoke in general is bad. You can smoke cigarettes on anti-biotics so why not weed?

If you're really worried just take smaller hits and hold them for 3-4 secs, at least that way there is less smoke in your lungs at a time.

I really don't see a problem with it, and I've somked on quite a few of them myself including penicillin, amoxicillin, bactrum and sulfameth.