Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Beer

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Snap, Jan 21, 2010.

1. So me and my roommates have been brewing some beers the last couple months and I don't know why we didn't think of this sooner but we got the idea to make weed beer.

Not sure if anyone has heard of this or done it but if not I think it is possible. I mean instead of hops just add some bud and waalaa! Weed beer!

So has anyone ever done this before or know someone who has?

2. #2 Man Plus Eyes, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. Dont leave the hops out! Ive added 2oz to a few 15g brews and it makes an excellent combo. I do all grain and add it to the wort after most of the hops and it starts to roll and leave it at a roll for 20 to 25 minutes.

4. right on. maybe we can start this tonight! is it possible to get a high from it as well?

5. You might want to bake your weed a little first so its "activated" Then toss it in, it is alcohol soluble. So you might have some "Beer-dragon"

6. I thought alcohol killed THC?? (just my 2 cents)

7. after you combine weed and beer you should put a set of tits on it then you would really have it all

8. What were you and your friend's smoking when you came up with this idea? It sure as hell wasn't just weed.

9. According to the all the brewing forums I've read concerning this- this is definitely the wrong way to go.

One should make a tincture and add it at bottling or kegging time. Weed doesn't isomerize like hops.

10. #10 420inthe407, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
    I was in Barcelona, Spain in the spring of 2007 and I found a bar that served weed beer. I dont know exactly what made it "weed" beer, but it had a nice crip aroma, not too strong or artificial. It even had a scratch and sniff label! I dont believe it had THC in it.

I know I took a picture of the bottle but I cant find it, I remember it had a yellow label. Also if you are in Barcelona I remember exactly where the bar was at (my brain just works that way) I can show you on a map.

11. ug douche....:(

12. I fuckin want thast to work someone make it please

13. It absorbs and activates it.

As far as weed beer goes, it should be activated before thrown into the brewing process. That may make it work.

FYI. Did you know Hops, like mangos, can actually get you HIGHER if ingested an hour before smoking?

14. I didn't think about that! Hops are a cousin of Cannabis and there's a reason they works so well in beer.

Hop tea makes a nice sedative.

15. Its always worked for me and thats how I do it. And I can sure tell a difference from my regular brews and so have any friends who try it.

16. that sounds delicious, I want some

17. #17 Saaz, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
    Ramone I spent time thinking about this from several angles. Without my own experiences I respect yours and would love for all those "experts" to be painfully wrong!!:cool:

Since THC isn't water soluble the only way I can see it getting into the wort would be to break-down the plant matter. Also since wort is fairly acidic- around 5.1-5.5 pH this might help?

Additionally, maybe it's the hop-oils that help extract the THC?

Thusly I would add the MJ (finely ground & deoxycarbolized) with the bittering charge @ 60.

This leaves dosage. Theres 128oz to the gallon and typically 12oz to a serving. Mine are 16-20 but I digress... So 15g * 128oz = 1920oz. Then that should result in approx 160 12oz beers.

This leaves 56gr MJ divided by 160 beers which equals 0.35gr of MJ per beer. Typical Green Dragon dosage is 2oz GD = 0.5gr MJ according to my research.

Assuming one gets 100% extraction. Plus! That it all remains in the wort and doesn't end up in the trub, yeast-cake or the kreuesen residue left in the fermenter.

Sounds good dosage-wise. I typically drink 3-4 pints.

Ramones have you done a blind test? Have you drunk any of your MJ infused beers by accident and felt stony effects? My concern is that knowing what you're drinking makes a huge difference in perception. And is there an effect on taste? I'm sure there would be with 2oz.

I'm truly interested in this. Personally I believe making a tincture and adding as previously suggested would result in a better product. I'll try the boil method. Not with my usual batch size (12gal). Maybe 5 at most. More likely half that and stovetop & extract. And it would have to be good weed... :D