Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed + asthma = ?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mr Chronic, May 21, 2010.

1. Hey GC, this will be my first post. :wave:

Ok, I have asthma and I smoke weed just about everyday. Every time I'm smoking it, my asthma acts up, which I can understand...it makes sense. But, the thing that doesn't make sense to me is that if I'm high or sober my asthma is acting really good. Now if I stopped smoking for a month or two my asthma will start acting up more than usual. So this has led me to believe that weed, in the long run, is treating my asthma....

What do you think...
    Hope I posted this in the right place
    Peace :smoke:

2. Yeah, marijuana is well known to help with athsma particularly because it opens up the lungs very well and so allows more air intake.

3. Damn that's cool as shit. thanks, dude:D

4. qft . .

5. Until about a year or two into my stoning I would have to reach for my inhaler quite a bit during or after a session, but now I smoke even more and usually forget about the inhaler and all of my asthma symptoms. I do feel like cannabis might help.

6. yea bro I know a guy that's on medical marijuana for asthma...

7. vaping is the way to go, then you will get max benefit for your asthma.

8. i have asthma and weed helps me breath easier.

9. I have/had asthma, and I notice a great increase in my breathing a day or two after smoking some marijuana.

10. (All thanks to the Divine Granny Stormcrow)
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/525051-granny-storm-crows-mmj-reference-list.html

ASTHMA

The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therapies
    IngentaConnect The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therap...

Acute and subacute bronchial effects of oral cannabinoids.
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Comparison of bronchial effects of nabilone and terbutaline

Bronchial effects of aerosolized delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol

Bronchodilator effect of delta1-tetrahydrocannabinol administered by aerosol

Effects of smoked marijuana in experimentally induced asthma.

Marijuana and oral delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance

New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery
    New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery, Phase I Study

Smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-THC on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects
    Acute effects of smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects

ANALGESIC AND ANTIINFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF CONSTITUENTS OF CANNABIS SATIVA L.
    Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Constituents of Cannabis Sativa