Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed as an anti-anxiety cure

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TopHat00, Jun 30, 2013.

1. So I have OCD/anxiety issues (I posted a massive story about this in another part of the site), and find that ever since I started smoking I find it much easier to relax.  Not just when I'm high either.  I've become much more of a relaxed, happy person and have been doing better in college, work, etc.  My GPA went up by .5 when I started smoking every other day or so because I get some downtime.  I think if (when) weed is legalized it should be marketed for anxiety.

Now I know I'm going to get some flack for the fact that weed can sometimes cause anxiety, but I think that's more due to where you are and who you're with.  When I smoke alone or with friends, it's the most relaxed I ever am.  I don't care about criticism or stress or any of that shit.

Anyone else on board with this.

2. I think all of us are.

3. That used to be how it was for me too, but nowadays it causes me more social anxiety so I typically don't smoke unless I'm at home relaxing. 
    Or drunk. Drunk is good too. 

4. For anxiety, CBD > THC. Nuff said'. 

5. Weed, especially the medical (high CBD) shit, is my cure for my aggravating anxiety and depressive tendencies. Shit is damn effective, actually gets me up and doing shit, after a nap of course.

6. I vape now but have been on klonipins for almost 15 years and find I only need 1 every few days instead of 3 a day. It helps me a ton and im just a casual solo night time vape guy. I do live in a non med state and wish I could find higher cbd strains.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. If my information is correct, isn't CBD unvapeable? as in, it needs to be smoked? (Because of the temperature) 

I Thought only THC could be vaped?

8. I too use weed to self medicate my anxiety.  Here are my thoughts on weed and axiety: once you get over the inital stage of paranoia while being high (many beginner cannibis users experience paranoia while getting high, often times feelings of being "caught" or feeling like something is going wrong with their body) cannibis can be a great tool for dealing with anxiety.  It took me a while to get over that "initial stage" of paranoia while using cannibis, I think many people never do get over that and thus wouldnt really find benefits to using weed for anxiety.

As long as your smart with how and where you smoke, you don't need to worry about getting caught, and as long as you can learn to embrace the feeling of being high, you dont need to worry about "things going wrong with your body" while being high.  And once you can do those 2 things, getting high has to be one of the best tools for fighting anxiety IMO.  The only downside, for myself at least, is that I usually only vape at night because if I'm high during the day I cant focus or be sharp at work and school... so my anxiety sort of goes untreated during the day basically.  But residual THC in my system and breathing exericises definitely helps during the day.

9. medicinal marijuana is provided for anxiety