Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed as a Sleep-Aid...Does it work for you?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by My Fax, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Ok, so it's my conclusion that weed does different things for everybody. For me, if I smoke a bowl right before I want to sleep, I fall asleep way quicker and sounder for the night. Although I know a lot of people who when they smoke, they say it really wires them up and it's impossible for them to fall asleep.

How does it work for you?

2. i never hurd anyone say they have bin wierd from weed.

makes me sleep like a log.

3. It makes me sleep if I want to.

4. for me if im tired or not and planning on going to bed after a bowl it doesnt work, i get a craving to watch some funny shit or a movie on tv and munch a lil then ill pass out for a real long time

5. I've been smoking for a long time now, every single day ( not a lot, but still ). I still find it amazing that weed can knock my ass out cold. It's amazing, OTC sleeping pills, i would build up tolerance to after a while and they would no longer work. I have developed a pretty high tolerance for weed too, it's just that it still helps me sleep soooo much better. significantly better than pills, and a lot less groggy too.

6. Yup, after I'm done chilling with my homies, I tend to fall onto my bed and sleep. Sometimes I don't even want to, I just want to play a game, but I say screw it.

7. well my experience with bud as a sleep aid came about randomly since i would just smoke every night before i went to bed but not to get help sleeping just to get high. then i noticed if i didn't smoke how long i would stay up and that i really needed it to make it to bed before 3am. if i dont smoke i usually just take some nyquil or benadryl

8. well for a while i was just smoking a bowl at night, and then i would go to sleep high eventually. but now i cant really sleep unless i'm really tired and would naturally fall asleep, or i'm stoned. for example, i can't really go to sleep at say 1230 if i wanted to, a few tokes would do the trick though

9. I'm wired for the peak but then I get listless and tired. However, I don't need to sleep and can just be awake through it. If it's late at night I usually go to bed though.

10. Ive had trouble falling and staying asleep in the past, but if I smokea but before I go to bed, I find I am able to actually fall asleep and stay asleep, and I dont feel groggy when i wake up in the morning, i used to use sleeping pills, but I worried about getting hooked, that and how it can be affectign my stomach and liver.

11. yea i usually have trouble falling to sleep and night.. like alot of trouble but if smoke its no problem :smoking:

12. I love smoking a bowl at about 10pm, and just go to sleep once i start feeling real tired. Omg its the best feeling.. lol just smoked a bowl i feel like a nap would be nice after i finish this.

13. Depends on how high I am. Really racy freaky trippy highs are usually too intense to sleep through. The most intense sativa I ever smoked I could not drift off because it felt like my thoughts were out of my control and almost like there were voices talking to me, not to mention the bizarre visuals. With a mellow stone though, I sleep really easy. If I smoke 5 hours before I go to sleep, even if I'm not high at all anymore I'm more relaxed and comfortable and fall asleep quick.

14. I fall asleep quicker when I'm baked. Ive smoked my mom up and she gets all hyper and wants to go everywhere, same with my friend Robert and his sister.

His sister goes all crazy and starts cleaning her house.

15. i smoke 2-3 times every day so i think my body is reliant on it or something but anyway when i smke i feel wired til it comes down and then i get really burnt and sleepy

16. i smoke a bowl almost every night, and i feel like it is "wasting" the high (since i don't smoke any throughtout the day)to go right to sleep after tokin, but once i've feel i have gotten the most out of it i will pass out like a light. Its funny though most the time i still feel high like the first 20-30 minutes after i wake up in the morning.

17. I smoke a bowl, then brush my teeth. then go to sleep.

18. I use it for sleeping problems, and if i dont smoke before bed i dont get any sleep.........

19. I usually have dreams if I smoke... if I dont smoke then no dreams

20. if i smoke indica b4 i go to bed, it puts me right to sleep.