Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed + Apartment = Neighborhood Menace

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Purpleghostsmoke5, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Thanks for tuning in please share your opinion. First going into this story you should know these facts: 1.) Im a long term smoker been at it since I was 18 and now I’m going on 25 in a few months. 2.) Love my weed can’t stop won’t stop and luckily for me my girlfriend smokes too so that’s never an issue. 3.) All individuals that live in our home smoke in the apartment daily at different times and for different intervals. 4.) I have 2 other roommates that are also heavy smokers. 5.) We all have different preferences while smoking. For example, I personally try to stay discrete and out of sight. One likes ventilation and opens the windows while smoking. The other occasionally smokes outside or in there car which leads me to... 6.) all the neighbors are aware that we are the smokers in our building.

Now to the real story. I noticed a few weeks ago that A few different neighbors have been complaining a lot more blatantly about the smoking. My window overlooks a pretty discrete parking lot where people often go to smoke them damn selves, just hang out for awhile with friends, listen to music in the car, etc. One neighbor commonly makes it a point to come from his building a few rows down and talk shit pretty loudly and is always watching the apartment or which of the residents is going to the apartment or to their car. Another one makes note to spread word to unaware neighbors about us being the smokers and by extension people don’t associate with us even in casual situations. For example where one of us may pass by someone and say hello we answered with angry glares or silence. How rude! I can provide more examples but I think it’s safe to say we probably built ourselves to be the neighborhood enemy. And that’s crazy to me because there’s others in the neighborhood that live in buildings within eyesight and walking distance that smoke and sell and come right by my window to do it. Tbh I’d think the neighbors would be more pissed about that kind of traffic as they go to their cars or have their kids outside but I guess not. Other than that everyone minds their business and we haven’t had anyone come to the door to complain or address us when outside. I slightly had the same issue with one neighbor in the complex I lived in prior to this one but I didn’t pay it any mind. Usually I gives off that typical smoker idgaf vibe but I guess the older I get the more conscious about the smoking I’m becoming. Again I’m going to keep smoking and I’m don’t plan on stopping but I do have plans of moving into a house with my girlfriend next year when this lease ends. And only time will tell but If we were to have a child sooner than later I would like to stay there for some years and to spare my family from having to be the black sheeps of the neighborhood. So when that time comes how can I avoid these issues with my neighbors I am currently experiencing? Is only solution to take my smoking elsewhere away from my residence to remain in good standing with them? Does anyone else experience with their neighbors? Should I continue to just not care and carry these habits to my new home as well? Y’all let me know cause I feel like this is some lesson that I haven’t learned yet

2. You should all just keep the smell down. Use a vape if u can. Use a carbon filter sploof like a smoke buddy or sploofy (or make one yourself just buy activated carbon and make a sploof with it, tutorials are on youtube). Don't smoke joints or blunts in or near the apartment. Then they will have no reason to complain.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Smoke in bathroom with fan on and door cracked to keep drawing In air

4. I hear you bro. Tbh I wouldn’t mind smoking somewhere else at this point. Do you think the smell would ever be a problem in a house with space separating the homes? I’d like to keep smoking in the comfort of my home in the future. I just don’t want these damn neighbors in my business lol

5. It would most likely be a non issue in that situation. If you're in a room in your house smoking even hotboxing and someone else is in their house or even walking by you should be totally fine imo.