Weed and your kids

Discussion in 'General' started by Bongmaster_420, May 26, 2011.

1. How are you going to handle weed with your kids someday/ or how do you handle it if your kid is smoking now?

Are you going to wait for him to find it on his own and decide if he likes it or not, or are you going to introduce him when it is "time". Also when is that time? 15 or 16? Or does age not count?

Personally I think I will introduce it to my kids as a normal thing to do. I will also use it to my and their advantage. I will use it as a rewards mechanism. If you complete something or get good grades I will smoke with you and if you fuck around no weed for you.

But I will also have rules about it. No smoking without permision (if still living with me) also no smoking things I would not. I plan to grow and I would much rather they smoke our bud than have to go to a dealer or friend were risk is involved.

I think it can also bring people closer together so we can use it as family time and bonding with each other.

Just some things I was pondering and how I wish my parents were when I grew up.

Feel free to share your feelings on this matter.

2. Kids... I will think about that later.

3. #3 Sekt0r, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
    I have a 1year old daughter, I'm never going to mention weed to her. If I know she is smoking one day then I will give it to her myself. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't introduce it to her but wouldn't have an issue if I found out she was smoking or if she even just asked me.

I grew up just with my mother and my younger sister, my mum never had any restrictions put on me, I basically did what I wanted from 12years old, didnt really start smoking till about 17 and by that time I was out on my own. I smoke with my mum sometimes now though. So I don't have any of that feeling of "my parents were shit and prevented me from doing what I wanted".

4. nice dream bro, too bad thats all it is.

but for me, ima let it find it on its own, try smoking and if i know for sure then ill just be like eh you aint gotta hide it no more. just be careful, and do not bring it to school kid. ever. if you do, i will become alot more strict about it. idc if you smoke here, but it has to be outside or in the garage not inside the house. no friends over to smoke.

5. My hubby smoked roll-yer-owns and occasionally, pipes. I just smoked a "different brand" and would share with him. Smoking was just not spoken of- about on the level as "My dad walks around in his underwear". My kids were smart and by the time they hit 3rd grade, they had things pretty well figured out. As adults, neither of them use cannabis or tobacco, but they do like beer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would not say its my dream. But that is how I will handle the situation. No point in pressuring anybody to smoke or pressuring anybody to do anything for that matter. I am merely going to teach them that there is absoloutly nothing wrong with smoking cannabis. And if they decide to they want it as part of their life I will accept it and teach them about the herb and to be responsible about it. But I hope by the time I have kids the world would have woken up and legalized weed.

7. I will definitely educate my children about marijuana. I will explain how horrible other drugs are/ can be.

8. I will tell them to take it, like anything else, in moderation. I mean I doubt I'm the only one who knows someone who has ruined/wasted their life because of weed.

9. The only reasons that I know of people that ruined their lives was because of the law. Yes I know a guy who only smokes and nothing else. But I am sure his parents did not say weed is okay and he can do whenever he wants. They probably against weed and when parents are against something usually kids rebel and go for it.

Moderation is good but I am not going to tell my kids not to smoke everyday when they have their shit shorted. That will be hypocrytical of me plus I believe smoking everyday has health benefits.

Anything that they can become addicted too is off limits. Tobacco, alcohol and other hard drugs.
    I just think it is important for new generations to know how brainwashed people are and not to believe everything goverment tell them.

10. i know all of these SOUND like good ideas, but you have to remember that this is real life lol. they will most likely not be mature enough to use weed the "right" way when they find out about it and have to learn through their own experiences and may even have to fuck up a couple of times to "get it right".

personally, i wouldn't mention a thing about it to them, and i would prefer them not to honestly.

11. I got a kid, she's a toddler, and I DO NOT I repeat DO NOT smoke around her, and I'm a stoner...
    Response parent in da muthaphuckin HOUSE!

12. It all depends on how mature your kid/s are. When they get caught the first time Im still not telling them about me but I would never punish, only inform. I dont want to force cannabis on to anyone much less my child, but if thats is the life they chose then when its time they better know how roll and hold this kush in without coughin.

hell yea the response parents...

13. Completely honest with everyone especially my 11 year old only son. it's my medicine. He's seen me both ways and prefers when i'm medicated naturally. When he asks(if ever) i will supply him with the best of the best of the cannabis i grow dependent on age of course.

14. exactly..

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have 3 kids and don't smoke around them EVER but my oldest is 12 and I am not sure what I will say. I will be honest about it with him but I don't want him smoking until he is an adult and I will tell him that. I will give him the facts about it and all that as well. Now my sisters kids have always known about it but she doesn't do it around them but they are old enough to know what it is. And none of her kids does it at all ages 21,18 and 13. The oldest ones have tried it they said but didn't like it.

16. i want to know that my son is getting the facts on it and not the DARE propaganda. i also want to ensure that IF he decides to he will have absolutely 0 contaminants or shitty weed.

i would've waited until later to be honest with him, but quite frankly the government started their brainwashing long before i ever sat him down so i made the right call for me.

I might soften the truth sometimes, but i refuse to lie to him. His mom left us and he trusts me. Single dad for 3 1/2 years. i'm more than his dad, i'm his confidant. Not his best friend and rightfully so, but he does come to me when he's troubled.

• Like Like x 1
  17. i would just give them the science about it.

"Listen, bud isnt gonna kill you. Honestly I would rather your smoke bud than drink. But just know that it will affect your motivation and thinking and its bad to overdue it. Use it for its benefits and youll be ok. Take advantage and you will suffer."