Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and tinnitus question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by partyomo, Jan 24, 2015.

1. I was wondering what peoples thoughts on smoking with tinnitus are. I've really wanted to try smoking but have been too scared to after reading that most peoples tinnitus gets louder while high. Is this just a temporary increase? Thats my biggest concern. Also has anyone noticed that it got quieter or went away completely? If so could you list whether it was a sat/ind/hybrid or even the strain it was? Leafly lists quite a few strains that help tinnitus so I'm assuming it helps some people. I really want test it out but am just overly worried about it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

2. Ye my tinnitus can get louder at times but I just ignore it, or have you tried binuaral beats

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

3. It's alright just keep a fan or some white noise machine going. Or does your tinnitus outnoise everything else?

4. Ok, it's just temporary though right? And I can ignore mine 90% of the time, I don't even need background noise while I go to bed anymore. I notice that sometimes when I'm drunk it gets louder which other people report but I'm too messed up to notice it most of the time aha.

Oh yeah everything tht weed changes about your perception goes back to normal after a few hours. Within one hour after smoking you'll start coming down.

6. I don't suffer from tinnitus, but judging from what I have seen around the internet, spikes in paranoia/anxiety tend to make tinnitus worse. Due to that fact, I'd suggest trying to treat it w/ a high CBD, low THC strain since heavy sativas abundant in THC are known to cause anxiety/paranoia in some users. Stick with an indica that is fairly low in THC.

7. Ok, thanks! Anyone else have any tips? 

8. #8 josephjt93, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    If you're scared because of that I think you need to realize you're not a slave to information. You will not die from smoking cannabis. All you need to know. It has no effect on my tinnitus, caused by god knows what, that I've been living with for many years. Constant ringing that gets louder with less noise. Never once have I noticed it affect my ringing alone. Now I have smoked a shit ton, fucked a shit ton and have felt a little dizzy and tired afterwards (causing a raised pitch ringing for a couple seconds after getting up, still happens even before I tried cannabis). Nothing serious. Just smoke some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Smokin reefers is bad for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9AHQXh_RM

10. Cannabis usually makes mine louder. Sometimes, it doesn't have an affect on it all. Your best bet is to assume that cannabis will make it worse.

I say, "Try it." You already know how to deal with it. If you try it and it makes it worse, then do what you would normally do. You will be totally aware of what's going on and will be able to do something like play some music or play on the freeway. LOL. Ok. I don't recommend the freeway thing. It's not like cannabis makes you incapacitated. Well, some people like to get baked til next Tuesday, but it's by choice. On the other hand, it can take your mind off the ringing.

It's not like it's in the same classification as LSD................

Monkey

11. #11 jmick, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    Have you checked your blood pressure?

My tinnitus is worse when my BP is up, sometimes that happens when I'm high.....

12. I'm hard of hearing and my hearing improves with smoking. My tinnitus might be marginally louder, but I chalk it up to my hearing improving.

✌️

13. MJ is terrible for my tinnitus and related insomnia. (Just one person sharing his experience.)