Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and some anxiety/paranoia

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 604blunted, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Hey everyone.. I have been a long term smoker (of pot only) and I'm just wondering if it's at all normal that I used to not have any anxiety or paranoia and just got relaxed when getting stoned but the last couple years about 1 out of every 3 highs I could get anxious and even close to a panic attack..

It pisses me off. At first I was so paranoid that I thought I could have possibly been smoking laced pot (speed or meth??), but I would for sure know if that was the case, right? All the stuff I got look/smelled normal from what I know and it was always buds not rolled joints or anything that I bought. Now I'm trying to tell myself that I just became too dependent on weed and my body is telling me to take a break. But I'm still a bit nervous. I have now quit for 17 days straight and there has been very minimal withdrawal (except remembering my dreams more..), so that kinda rules out me smoking a harder drug right?

Another thing that got me thinking was, when I was younger I knew a guy who had some "keif", (I think that's what he called it). It was like pure THC powder, and when I was smoking that shit I remember I got like super high, and paranoid as well, lol. I was smoking it daily for like 2 weeks straight and when I think back, I believe that's when the paranoia sorta started to kick in. Could that shit have been laced? Even though I smoked it with the guy and a couple other people to I just simply don't trust that dude, and it scares the shit out of me.

I guess my question is, could I have permanently damaged my brain or personality by my prolonged use of pot (like 9 years daily smoking with I think one 5 month break only), and the 2 week period of smoking that "keif" which got me super high and also very paranoid it seemed..? I'm going to take another like 5 month break before I come back cause I want to get my shit together but I really do miss the relaxed feeling I could get from pot.. I'm not super worried about the pot, I know I just became dependent but is that Keif shit safe to smoke?

2. Keif is pot lol. its the trichomes separated from the plant material.
    You probably have anxiety regardless of smoking. I know i do and weed keeps it in check for me anyway.

3. I have been smoking cannabis of and on since the seventies.Would get parinoid every so often if i got extra high. Later in life when i wasn't smoking i would have minor anxiety attacks until they became worse and had to go to hospital once because i thought i was having a heart attack. Now when i am smoking no anxiety and it only starts when i quit for a while. I forgot that i was put on ssris for the anxiety:rolleyes: which i am going to get of them again but this time with doc's care. your not alone when it comes to anxiety and marijuana.Shithead