Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and Risk taking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by wearyone, Jun 2, 2008.

1. I have been smoking weed HEAVILY for the past 3 years, (I'm 20 now) and recently I've started thinking about its effects on my decisions, or on events in the past that I had never thought about or even cared to bring up before.

I found online a study that looked rather legitimate, about the effects of cannabis on people's judgment, and the fact that it increased risk taking behavior (similar to alcohol.)

Now I've always thought this concept to be complete horseshit: I mean, I have always rejected that cannabis had any type of "hold" on me, and caused me to do things. I've never been in a car accident, hit anything or even been pulled over, and I'm high at least once every day when I drive. I have never hurt anyone physically, and typically am MORE conscious of my actions while I'm high. How could a study possible prove that when you get high, you are more prone to get involved in risky activities, or practice risky actions?

However, if the study is true, does that mean that for the past 3 years I have been making terrible, risk-ridden decisions and have been completely unaware of it?

2. "risky activities" is pretty vague

3. lol .... i definitely dont feel the affects of that .... the last thing i wanna do while im high ... is take a risk

4. the general stereotypical stoner is a reckless, thrill seeking, middle age individual- where risky business thrives regardless

edit; if your able bodied and healthy enough to type this post, in my opinion whatever 'risky' acts youve done have been safely behind the line of real harm.
    but what if weed has warped your big picture? where would you be if you never inhaled a cloud of glorious reefer. dont worry about the reckless risky stoned shenanigans you commit if they dont worry about you

5. The only risky business I partake in is actually smoking the weed in America. So I guess that means 96% (pulled the number out of my ass) of pot smokers take a risk every time they smoke.

6. Well, your judgement is always slightly off when you're high. Many people will deny it, but its true. You're more aware of your surroundings sometimes but the thought process is almost entirely different. Sometimes weed will make you see something you wouldnt have seen before, and other times, it'll make you oblivious to things, but you feel as though you've got everything under control becuase of all the times things have pulled through for you while high. Things seem so make sense that don't actually make -quite- as much sense, when you're high.

So I would say yes your judgement is different, and your memory will eventually be not quite as sharp but not enough that it will mess with your life (in most cases). I would say just don't smoke pot, but then I'd be a hypocrite. I can't remember shit all half the time (I used to have a great memory) and yet I keep smoking up. Oh well : O

7. When im high i like to watch movies or listen to music. Just have a good time not be "Risky". I know people who like to go to the movies or mall high...FUCK THAT. I want to be sitting chillin, doing what i enjoy the most, music and movies.