Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and pregnancy

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wb21, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Can my wife smoke weed while pregnant? Posting from an iPhone so I can't search very well

2. #3 4pawsbmj8, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hey dude get the gc app. It's free and has a serch

3. Unprettier - thanks for that link. That. Is. Awesome.

4. Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List is a must here. Check out the sticky in the Medical section.

5. I won't say smoking anything is good. But the cannabinoids from cannabis being consumed during pregnancy does make the baby develop better. As said above look up storm crows list. She has studies backing up what I'm saying. Were talking stats that babies with traces of cannabis have a better life rate than sober babies at birth.

6. weed + pregnancy = nothing negative

7. Hi hon, this may interest you-

Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality[/FONT]

Mortality Within the First 2 Years in Infants Exposed to Cocaine, Opiate, or Cannabinoid During Gestation (abst - 1997)
    [FONT=&quot]Mortality Within the First 2 Years in Infants Exposed to Cocaine, Opiate, or Cannabinoid During Gestation[/FONT]

Vaporizing would be better. Smoke of any form is bad. The US Navy had its submariners using vitamin E to help the sailors function better under low oxygen conditions. My Dad was one of them and he said it helped! He took natural vitamin E for the rest of his life. If she must smoke, get her on vitamin E (also supposed to make your tissues more "stretchy" during delivery).

Be sure she is taking her Omega 3 as well as her prenatal vitamins! It will help the baby's brain develop! :D Fish oil, flax or hemp seed oil are the usual sources.

Oily fish makes 'babies brainier' (news - 2006) (hemp seed- at the end)
    [FONT=&quot]BBC NEWS | Health | Oily fish makes 'babies brainier'[/FONT]

And Congrats! :hello: Give the wife a hug from me!

Granny :wave:

8. #10 weednotcrack, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    This women named Dr. Dreher did research on cannabis and pregnancy on women in Jamaica and she said there was no negative effect from it. You can check it out for yourself and show it to your wife ^_^

Marijuana / Cannabis Use In Pregnancy – Dr. Melanie Dreher « Patients for Medical Cannabis

"This is not to say that women should have no compunctions about using marijuana regularly and in large amounts during pregnancy. Rather, as scientists like Dreher argue, the medical community should improve its research methodologies, be more thorough, conduct more cross-cultural studies, and refrain from being so quick to conclude without solid evidence that any amount of marijuana use–no matter how slight–during pregnancy will do lasting harm to both mother and child"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9WorIM0RhA&feature=player_embedded]‪Marijuana Cannabis Use In Pregnancy Dr. Dreher‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]