Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and painkillers?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by randomman, Sep 14, 2010.

1. So my friend got a tumor (legit lol), and the doctors gave him high power painkillers (morphine etc)

and he OD'd on them, i was like "how did he od, why did the doctors give him excess drugs?"

and he said they told him that marijuana lessened the effect of the painkillers, so they gave

him more, wtf? can someone give info about this, seems sketchy...

btw he didnt die, he was sent to a rehabilitation center somehwere else :(

2. No, that is not true. If anything MJ intensifies opiates imo..

He probably was abusing his painkillers, and thats why he OD'ed. But doesnt want his friends/family to know, so he made up some story to tell you guys..

Hope your friend gets through it.

*EDIT* POST 420!! woohoo

3. No fucking way dude. Weed definately intensifies the opiates, for me at least.

4. yeah man weed and pain killers is really fun

5. First of all, against the rules.

Second, did the doctors give it to him, or was it perscription and he took it himself?

6. I can't imagine a doctor doing something so stupid. I agree it sounds really sketchy. If this is a true story than I think your friend OD'ing was his fault.

7. I did it and puked for two days. Oxycodone does not agree with me.

8. Third, it didn't have any enhancing effect on his painkillers.

Four, it's not funny your friend has a tumor, cancerous or not.