Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and Kidney Disease

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KittensOnPCP, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I smoke with my mom whenever I get weed, and am planning on getting some soon after a long break. My mom has kidney disease and she's quitting drinking and cigarettes at the same time so she's going to want some weed, lol. My question is - Does smoking weed have any effect on your kidneys? If so, would edibles be better?
    Thanks

2. #2 Bunnyrabbitz, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    No the kidney is used to filter poison. THC is not toxic.

3. That statement hit me like a train. I just read that and was like, woah. Like it sounded like some smartass answer epically delivered. Awesome job dude.

4. As Mr. Rabbit pointed out, THC is not toxic so it won't trigger any negative reactions. That being said, your mother should still be careful to stay hydrated because cannabis does alter the water levels in the body.

Take this with a grain of salt however, I am not a MD, this is simply information I have gathered over the past three years.

edit: If you really want to minimize the damage done, she shouldn't smoke it, as smoke can irritate the lining of the lungs and increasing her chances of getting an infection (albeit it is probably already damaged if she was a regular smoker)

Peace and love,
    Budyyy

5. Would have been truly smartass if he spelled "poison" right.
    ;)

6. shouldnt be detrimental to the kidneys. smokin w your mom? thats funny stuff

7. Okay thanks for the replies everybody. And Germa - the first bag I ever bought I smoked with my mom :smoking:

8. You're coming to a bunch of random stoners with your mom's life?

She needs to talk to her doctor. You don't fuck around with kidney disease because if it gets out of hand there's two possible results: four hours of dialysis every two days or death.

What kind of kidney disease? What parts of her kidneys are affected? Weed dries you out, is that a good thing or a bad thing for her kind of kidney disease? You haven't provided enough information for even a doctor to answer your question so:

See a doctor.