Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and its effcts on the lungs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Patchy, Nov 1, 2011.

1. So guys, tis question goes out to those who have been smoking for while (5+ years)

Would smoking say, 4-6 pipe bowls a day for 10+ years be REALLY bad for your lungs? I know weed is a proven anti-carcinogenic, but would it be really bad for your lungs? I intend to be travelling well into my 60's, just wondering.

Also, in relation to this question, do you get portable vaporizers that dont look super susspect?

Thanks

2. Ive been smoking for a while, but not 5+ years. But I CAN tell you that weed won't danger or hurt your lungs in any way. The only thing that can hurt you is the smoke itself, and thats just because the properties of smoke.

Now as far as a small vaporizer, i would reccomend this: VaporGenie - the world's first Vaporizing Pipe!

3. Get a vape, save your lungs.

4. Thanks man. some of those vaporGenies look like real nice pipes!

5. Had thoughts of a portable vape a few years back and the thought still interests me. But I did spend 160 on a stemless zob last night so looks like it'll have to wait

6. Heavy Habitual Marijuana Smoking Does Not Cause an Accelerated Decline in FEV with Age (full - 1997)
    Recognized HTML document

Heavy Long-Term Marijuana Use Does Not Impair Lung Function (news - 1997)
    Erowid Cannabis Vault : Health Effects : Media

Effects of Marijuana Smoking on Pulmonary Function and Respiratory Complications: A Systematic Review (full - 2007) Effects of Marijuana Smoking on Pulmonary Function and Respiratory Complications: A Systematic Review

No Decrease in Pulmonary Function Associated with Long-Term Cannabis Smoking, Study Says (news - 2007) Illinois NORML - No Decrease in Pulmonary Function Associated with Long-Term Cannabis Smoking, Study Says

Marijuana and chronic obstructive lung disease: a population-based study
    (full - 2009) Marijuana and chronic obstructive lung disease: a population-based study

Does smoking marijuana increase the risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease? (article - 2009)
    Does smoking marijuana increase the risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?

7. Had thoughts of a portable vape a few years back and the thought still interests me. But I did spend 160 on a stemless zob last night so looks like it'll have to wait

8. VaporGenies actually kinda suck.. you should check out my review vids on YouTube - I've reviewed a bunch of other vaporizers that are pretty good...

9. I actually recently (well like a month ago) got a MFLB, and i love it, i recommend it to anyone looking for a portable vaporizer especially one that does not look suspicious at all.

10. Thanks man, ill read them when i get the time.

11. If you want a discreet portable vape, go for the MFLB.

12. Did he just call Granny "man"?!?!

13. Use the Magic Flight Launch Box (MFLB). Discreet and doesn't harm your lungs as much.

14. He is new.

He will learn.

15. I love your videos! Haha. I've been watching them for the past month or two.

16. obtain a vaporizer or smoke the herb less frequently. your lungs will suffer